Youth Face to Face Broadcast

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
craiggsmith

Youth Face to Face Broadcast

Post by craiggsmith »

I'm wondering if there will be any sort of pre-broadcast for today's face to face broadcast. I assume there will be something on the satellite system, although I don't like it when they show other videos. But for the internet stream I assume there won't be anything?
Craig
South Jordan, UT
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Re: Youth Face to Face Broadcast

Post by Mikerowaved »

They usually have something going for a pre-roll so you know you're connected OK, but I can't remember offhand what they show.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

Thanks, I don't think I've ever shown one of these live streams. It would be nice if the broadcast instructions said when it will start and end.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

craiggsmith wrote:I don't think I've ever shown one of these live streams. It would be nice if the broadcast instructions said when it will start and end.
I suppose you have discovered this by now. If you stream a live broadcast, it begins at the same time as the broadcast. (Well, perhaps a minute or two of buffering delay.)

Once the original broadcast/stream has finished, it is archived, and you can then start the stream whenever you wish. When you run a stream on a delayed basis, there is no pre-roll or post-event video at all.

This particular broadcast seems to have lasted about an hour and 40 minutes.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

Well they actually did have a long (1 hour or so) pre-roll, but the music parts were a little boisterous for the chapel so I had to keep it down.

It did go a lot longer than I anticipated.
Craig
South Jordan, UT

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”