Mel. Priesthood Form Process

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
PNMarkW2

Post by PNMarkW2 »

toddnielson wrote:But I can't help but think that half of the problem could be eliminated if the state membership clerk was allowed to record the ordination information instead of sending the form back to the ward.
:eek: I have to say that only a Stake Clerk would think this was a good idea. :D

Until recently our Stake did the whole process, and the wards were left completely out of the loop. To my mind it doesn't really matter who does it, as long as the people responsible for it know what they're supposed to do and when they're supposed to do it.
~Mark
Ward Clerk
Colonial Heights Ward
Portland Oregon Stake

-----
"For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three."
---Alice Kahn
greggo

Post by greggo »

toddnielson wrote: But I can't help but think that half of the problem could be eliminated if the state membership clerk was allowed to record the ordination information instead of sending the form back to the ward. Is there some holy writ or system requirement that dictates that the ward clerk enter this information? (Keep in mind I'm a newbie... I can hear the gasps now!)
I didn't read the other thread, so at the risk of repeating something, I would say that all membership record changes are made at the ward level (with the exception of temple ordinances, of course), so to make it possible for MP ordinations to be recorded at the stake level would probably not be trivial.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Greggo wrote:I would say that all membership record changes are made at the ward level (with the exception of temple ordinances, of course), so to make it possible for MP ordinations to be recorded at the stake level would probably not be trivial.
Without seeing the structure, it's hard to say. However, the very fact that the temple can do it, shows that it's possible. Secondly, with MLS 3.0, the calling information is going "upstream" to grant rights to individuals based on their callings. That would certainly suggest that the underlying infrastructure is there.

Most likely it's a policy issue. I just wish I understood the logic of the policy.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Reports and Forms”