Payment Request menu in LCR Finance

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
skiddlyarcus

Payment Request menu in LCR Finance

Post by skiddlyarcus »

Anybody have access to this "payment request" menu?
looks like it may be moving online ... there's a help page for it but the menu doesn't show up for me.

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/hel ... s?lang=eng
eblood66

Re: Reimbursement Form/Payment Request Form

Post by eblood66 »

skiddlyarcus wrote:Anybody have access to this "payment request" menu?
looks like it may be moving online ... there's a help page for it but the menu doesn't show up for me.

That's very interesting. There is probably a beta program which has it enabled. No way to tell when it might go into wide release. Could be very soon, could be months based on previous betas.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Payment Request menu in LCR Finance

Post by jdlessley »

Moderator Note: This thread was split from another thread since the topics are different.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Part of me thinks this would be cool. Part of me dreads it. I already struggle with poor quality images and missing information sent from members and leaders for reimbursements. It will only be harder once they submit on their own and the clerk has to go back to them and ask them to resubmit a better pic that is actually legible... Hopefully the church will implement a feature that will allow the member to correct the submission after they submit or it may end up increasing the workload instead of reducing it as designed.
chrissb

Post by chrissb »

We have created a reimbursement request form on our ward website (custom WordPress website - outside of the LDS website). It's working pretty well so far. A member can submit a request by filling in the form which includes fields like name, email, purpose of expenditure, organization, up to 5 receipts (required uploads) each with a description and an amount (automatically tallied). Upon submission, the organization president and the submitter (and clerk) receive the notification of the submission. The organization president needs to visit their review list that shows all of their organization's requests (each organization leader has their own list). They can edit them (login required) and check the organization approved checkbox. The Bishop is then notified that requests need to be approved. He visits his own review list and edits each of the requests by checking the Bishop approval checkbox. Once the organization pres. and the Bishop have both approved the reimbursement, the Financial Clerk is notified. He can then visit his list and see all of the requests that have been approved. He can then make the reimbursement and then edit each request and set his checkbox (completed). The original submitter is notified that the reimbursement has been completed. Each of these users' review pages only show the requests that they have to work on. The clerks and Bishop are able to see a different, more complete list of the full history list, as well as being able to see the back-end / admin of the submitted forms.

I'm betting that the Church will do this someday. We decided to get it done now. It sure beats using emails. It's also nice not to worry about losing receipts and tracking down organization presidents and Bishop. We're still working some of the bugs out but so far, everyone is working with it.
MurdockM

Post by MurdockM »

Just today (6Feb2020) I noticed a new option on the LCR Financial Dashboard; "Payment Request" .

In the help file it states that Leaders can now submit reimbursement requests

Any one else out there have experience with this? The instructions sound a lot like what I as a Financial Clerk already do. However, it does state "Organization leaders". I guess I'll ask the next reimbursement submitter to try it out as my Wards "Guinea Pig".
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

As a clerk you can take a look at the Payment Request feature by selecting an organization in the organization drop-down list box to the right of the budget page tabs and then select the Payment Request tab. The only categories available to the organization leader are their organization's budget categories - or it appears that way to me as a ward clerk. Any payment requests for other categories, such as ward Activities, I assume, will have to be submitted to the ward clerk or assistant ward clerk - finance for processing.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

Under Manage Categories you can change the permissions of some (sub)categories to allow other organizations to see the budget and select those for reimbursement
you could create a separate "Special Activity" and give the permissions to the required organisations, they don't need to see the entire Activities budget
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
npw2005

Post by npw2005 »

murdock20m wrote:Just today (6Feb2020) I noticed a new option on the LCR Financial Dashboard; "Payment Request" .

Any one else out there have experience with this? The instructions sound a lot like what I as a Financial Clerk already do. However, it does state "Organization leaders". I guess I'll ask the next reimbursement submitter to try it out as my Wards "Guinea Pig".
I wonder how the process is supposed to work for this? Our stake clerk says the Bishop has to sign the authorization from AND approve it in LCR. He could also approve it via Email as long as that is uploaded. Does anyone know if that process should stay the same or if the authorization is taken care of when he approves it in LCR?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

npw2005 wrote:
murdock20m wrote:Just today (6Feb2020) I noticed a new option on the LCR Financial Dashboard; "Payment Request" .

I wonder how the process is supposed to work for this? Our stake clerk says the Bishop has to sign the authorization from AND approve it in LCR. He could also approve it via Email as long as that is uploaded. Does anyone know if that process should stay the same or if the authorization is taken care of when he approves it in LCR?
I think your stake clerk is adding requirements that are not in the policy. Once the bishop approves the reimbursement in LCR, it's done. There is no requirement for him to sign anything or send any email. His digital signature in LCR does all that.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”