Sophos reinstallation on official FHC computers

Issues related to the use and operation of Family History Centers
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Sophos reinstallation on official FHC computers

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:Try this script:
I have done everything you asked me to do and the problem is not resolved. Who should I speak with next?
Please connect me.
I'll remember that.

But the case I remember the most is when I wanted an answer to a technical question (I think it was what time some process happened. This was eons ago when FHCs first got connectivity.) The missionary was happy to make up an answer. I pointed out that her answer didn't match something I'd observed, so she made up another answer. After three rounds of that, I got ugly.

It was like they were bound and determined to never let anyone reach the staff.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
CaldwellZ

Re: Sophos reinstallation on official FHC computers

Post by CaldwellZ »

lajackson wrote:
russellhltn wrote:It's been eons since I've called support, but it used to be you had to do some serious arm-twisting to get escalated to an actual staff member.
Try this script:
I have done everything you asked me to do and the problem is not resolved. Who should I speak with next?
Please connect me.
I've been told before that the technical staff is generally case-escalation-only and they don't take transferred calls or chats; seems they usually prefer to just email you once you've gotten through the queue and they've "taken ownership" of the case. I haven't seen too many instances where actual staff has been needed, though, because it seems nowadays they do have at least a few missionaries there specifically to troubleshoot and deal with FHC tech and who really know their stuff, probably about as well as the staff would. I've been really happy with how they've solved some issues that have come up. You might have to wait a bit for them to be available and be conferenced in on the phone, but they're there.

Return to “Family History Centers”