HELP!! Somehow all the ministering brothers assignments are gone!

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
ivan72

HELP!! Somehow all the ministering brothers assignments are gone!

Post by ivan72 »

Somehow, all the ministering brother assignments got deleted and are now missing. Not sure how that happened. Is there any way to recover? Any backup? Reset or backdate?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: HELP!! Somehow all the ministering brothers assignments are gone!

Post by scgallafent »

There were some system issues yesterday. They have been resolved, so you should see data again.
dad17

Post by dad17 »

Our assignments are still missing. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
dad17

Post by dad17 »

Not sure if my first message was received, but we are still missing all of our ministering brothers assignments as well. There districts for all quarters are there with the exception of the current quarter. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
ivan72

Post by ivan72 »

We still can’t see any assignments. It’s like everything was wiped completely clean. Is there hope? Should we start all over? Is this a sign from above that our assignments were all wrong? Help?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

ivan72 wrote:We still can’t see any assignments. It’s like everything was wiped completely clean. Is there hope? Should we start all over? Is this a sign from above that our assignments were all wrong? Help?
I talked with the QA on that team and he said that your data has been blank long enough that it would require going to a long-term backup, which is cost-prohibitive. (We would essentially have to stand up a separate instance of the systems, restore the corresponding backups, and copy your data from an older backup.)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Any clue on what's happening? I'm suspecting a "blank" result (perhaps due to slow server) somehow getting saved as the users trying to figure out what's happened.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

russellhltn wrote:Any clue on what's happening? I'm suspecting a "blank" result (perhaps due to slow server) somehow getting saved as the users trying to figure out what's happened.
That seems like a likely scenario, but I don't have my fingers in that project. I know they've been working on isolating it.
ivan72

Post by ivan72 »

scgallafent wrote:
russellhltn wrote:Any clue on what's happening? I'm suspecting a "blank" result (perhaps due to slow server) somehow getting saved as the users trying to figure out what's happened.
That seems like a likely scenario, but I don't have my fingers in that project. I know they've been working on isolating it.
I’m not sure I understand the “likely scenario.” But..... I guess that really means we need to go ahead and recreate the assignments? Hopefully our EQ presidency has a hard copy.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ivan72 wrote:I guess that really means we need to go ahead and recreate the assignments?
That's the way I'm reading it.
ivan72 wrote:I’m not sure I understand the “likely scenario.”
It means if anyone who had edit rights pulls up blank assignments, they should exit and avoid doing anything that might save it. I'd just close the browser.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”