Sacred Funds, Sacred Responsibilities video

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
michaeljeffreyjones

Sacred Funds, Sacred Responsibilities video

Post by michaeljeffreyjones »

Does anyone know where I can find the link to this new Training Video please,as I need to send the link to all the Unit Leaders and Clerk in my Stake within the UK.

Can anyone help please.

Kind regards,

Michael
drepouille

Re: Sacred Funds, Sacred Responsibilities video

Post by drepouille »

Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
joshua.drewlow

Post by joshua.drewlow »

I get a page not found when I click or copy this link into a browser. Please help?
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

You need to be logged in to the web site using an account that has access to the Record Keeping Help Center articles.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Back on 4 Dec 2019 when I became aware of this new training video, I sent the link to my bishopric, and asked them each to watch the video. Yesterday, we received an email from our stake auditor, quoting a new question on the end-of-year audit. The question asks if the bishopric, ward clerk, and assistant clerk for finances "met together" to watch this video during the audit period.

This is the first I have heard of any requirement that we view this video together. Since the assistant clerk never meets with the bishopric, that seems like a strange requirement.
chriswoodut

Post by chriswoodut »

drepouille wrote:Back on 4 Dec 2019 when I became aware of this new training video, I sent the link to my bishopric, and asked them each to watch the video. Yesterday, we received an email from our stake auditor, quoting a new question on the end-of-year audit. The question asks if the bishopric, ward clerk, and assistant clerk for finances "met together" to watch this video during the audit period.

This is the first I have heard of any requirement that we view this video together. Since the assistant clerk never meets with the bishopric, that seems like a strange requirement.
Luckily our stake sent us a heads up about the requirement to meet together to watch the video.
brown67

Post by brown67 »

We got dinged on this question, because it says it must be watched during the audit period. The audit period ended December 31st. Our Stake didn't even inform us this was a question until Jan 22nd. Good grief. Every Ward in my Stake will fail this question.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

But will the bishopric be required to watch this same video "together" during every audit period?
chriswoodut

Post by chriswoodut »

I wonder why this information isn't sent directly to the ward clerks rather than routing through the stake, or at least send it simultaneously to both.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

chriswoodut wrote:I wonder why this information isn't sent directly to the ward clerks rather than routing through the stake, or at least send it simultaneously to both.
Our stake president was assigned by the area seventy last fall to see that this video was shown to everyone in the stake who handles finances, and to report back to the area seventy within 30 days that the assignment had been completed.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”