Member Tools Sync and SIgn-In

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
mkpolansky

Re: Member Tools Sync and SIgn-In

Post by mkpolansky »

On a sync related issue, on a growing frequency, after completing a sync I receive an error of "Warning Calendar Services are unavailable. The calendar will not show any events. Please try again later" Any ideas/thoughts/comments?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

mkpolansky wrote:Calendar Services are unavailable. The calendar will not show any events.
Unfortunately, there is nothing you are able to do about this error. It simply means that at the time you performed the sync, the Calendar service was not available, and so you did not receive any calendar events. The only thing you can do is try to sync again later.

Even when working, when all of the Church servers are busy, it appears that Calendar items and Ministering information are usually the first to be omitted when you sync. Often, there is no error message at all. Once again, the only thing you an do is to sync again when the servers are not as busy. Sunday afternoons are busiest. Saturdays and Mondays work well for me most of the time, and other days as well, except for the busy weekend.
mkpolansky

Post by mkpolansky »

I have to think something else must be going on. I have been trying every day since I posted this at various times of the day and still get the same error message.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

mkpolansky wrote:I have to think something else must be going on. I have been trying every day since I posted this at various times of the day and still get the same error message.
Can you provide your operating system version number and app version number?

Have you tried sending feedback using the in-app feedback? When you send feedback from within the app additional device and app data is sent to the development team that may help them troubleshoot the issue.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not seeing anyone else with a long-standing calendar issue. (Sure, some with trying to sync on Sundays). At this point, I'm suspecting it's something in your calendar data that's causing the problem. Sending feedback would be the way to address it.

Out of curiosity, what happens if you go to the calendar webpage?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mkpolansky

Post by mkpolansky »

The web page works just fine. I have tried syncing with a second phone and have the same issue.
mkpolansky

Post by mkpolansky »

Just as an update, I've sent feedback through the app, I've heard nothing, called Global Support to see if there was something goofy with my account-there isn't, tried syncing on an iPad-same problem. I'm open to any ideas...
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

Have also been having this issue. It will be ok for a short while, and then reverts back to the same error message for a longer period of time. IOS 13.5.1, Iphone SE, app version 3.6.4 (6544). It does show the calendar, but when the error message appears, the calendar is no longer updating.

I just sent support a message from the app detailing the problem.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Member Tools 4.0.0 for iOS was released today – any luck after updating?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mkpolansky

Post by mkpolansky »

YES!!! It worked!!!

Return to “Member Tools”