Tools isn't working on my phone- can anyone help

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
rebeccajcarter

Tools isn't working on my phone- can anyone help

Post by rebeccajcarter »

I have an Apple I Phone and I can't get the tools to work. When I try to sign on it goes to synch, but it doesn't do anything. Then when I select stop synching I get an automated message that the system is down, which is incorrect because my husband can get his tools to work. Can anyone help. Thanks!
mrsrobinson

Re: Tools isn't working on my phone- can anyone help

Post by mrsrobinson »

Mine says the same thing and has since Sunday 12/8/19
gek49ers

Post by gek49ers »

Mine also since the 8th, also on my pad.
rebeccajcarter

Post by rebeccajcarter »

That's the date that mine started giving me trouble. I sent a request in to the Church tech dept. Hoping to hear back soon. I use that tool all the time and am missing it!
grega

Post by grega »

Same thing here. My wife uses an iPhone on an older iOS version, and her Tools seems to work fine and have everything up to date. Mine on the other hand, says it syncs but a lot of data doesn’t update, I have no local temple listed (live in Utah . . .), and the contact us link will not work. If anyone here simply has the email I can send some info to I’d like to send that so they have some details to help debug. I’m using the most current iOS and Tools versions.
rebeccajcarter

Post by rebeccajcarter »

Hi to anyone reading this thread. I got an email from the tech department and they told me that they were having server problems since Sunday. Their suggestion was to delete the app and shut down my phone and wait for a few minutes to turn it on again. I did that. They also said to wait for a couple of hours before I re-installed the tools app on my phone - I actually waited until over night to make sure! I just re-loaded the app and it's working!!!
DanWahlgrenFTSOY

Post by DanWahlgrenFTSOY »

grega wrote:Same thing here. My wife uses an iPhone on an older iOS version, and her Tools seems to work fine and have everything up to date. Mine on the other hand, says it syncs but a lot of data doesn’t update, I have no local temple listed (live in Utah . . .), and the contact us link will not work. If anyone here simply has the email I can send some info to I’d like to send that so they have some details to help debug. I’m using the most current iOS and Tools versions.
This!!! ... I have had the exact same problem for weeks, and have had no luck in finding a solution.
teenasato

Post by teenasato »

Does any IT help read these forums? Obviously quite a few members are having the same problem with the tool app.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

teenasato wrote:Does any IT help read these forums?
No.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rebeccajcarter

Post by rebeccajcarter »

I actually sent an e-mail to the tech team and heard back from them within 48 hours. I posted their reply. This forum is good, too. It made me feel better just knowing that I wasn't the only person that had been experiencing this problem.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”