Required Monthly Sync

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
lajackson
Community Moderators

Required Monthly Sync

Post by lajackson »

I understand the need to sync every 30 days, but is there a way to fix it so that the required sync does not always appear on Sunday morning?

I can delay a few times, but am usually still at church when I run out of passes and have to sync. And as we all know, syncing on Sunday makes Member Tools pretty worthless if I cannot pull down the Ministering and Calendar modules.

And the mandatory sync requirement does not recognize that I may have just synced the day before, as I normally do.

In anticipation of the suggestion that I send feedback, I did, and they responded. Now I would like to have an answer to my question.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Required Monthly Sync

Post by jonesrk »

lajackson wrote: And the mandatory sync requirement does not recognize that I may have just synced the day before, as I normally do.
I believe one of the reasons for the mandatory sync is to 'force' you to enter your password again.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jonesrk wrote:
lajackson wrote: And the mandatory sync requirement does not recognize that I may have just synced the day before, as I normally do.
I believe one of the reasons for the mandatory sync is to 'force' you to enter your password again.
I understand that, so I do not object to syncing two days in a row. But is there any way to force the required sync some other time than on Sunday morning?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

That would require a code change, which means it won't make it into Member Tools 3.x. There are some changes planned for Member Tools 4 related to this.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

lajackson wrote:
jonesrk wrote:
I understand that, so I do not object to syncing two days in a row. But is there any way to force the required sync some other time than on Sunday morning?
If you sign out of the app and then sign back in it will sync and reset the time period for the mandatory 30 day sync. I do this on a Friday or Saturday morning to avoid exactly what you are experiencing.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center?
hughesm12

Post by hughesm12 »

I hate the required sync as I can never remember my membership #. Cant we change it to a personal password that is easier to remember once we're in?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

hughesm12 wrote:I hate the required sync as I can never remember my membership #. Cant we change it to a personal password that is easier to remember once we're in?
I'm puzzled. My MRN is associated with my Church Account. When I go to sync, I simply enter my church account login/password. I've never input my MRN into Member Tools.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”