Bookmarks not working

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
daronjanis

Bookmarks not working

Post by daronjanis »

Bookmarks stopped working after the app updated to version 5.3.2 11272 on a newly purchased iPhone 11 Pro. All my bookmarks are still there and I am able to set new bookmarks and reset existing bookmarks. But when I click on a bookmark, it just takes me to the library page where the content is located rather than to the specific content I bookmarked. For example, if I bookmark a chapter or verse in The Book of Mormon, clicking on the bookmark just takes me to the Scriptures library page instead of to the chapter or verse I bookmarked. If I bookmark a General Conference talk, clicking the bookmark takes me to the General Conference library page instead of to the talk. I have already verified that the bookmarked content has been downloaded. Any ideas what is going on?
jamisbuck

Re: Bookmarks not working

Post by jamisbuck »

I’m seeing this behavior, too, as well as my wife and our two teens. It’s not a showstopper, and no data is missing, but is frustrating and I hope it is acknowledged and fixed soon.
ortone

Post by ortone »

I’m seeing this behavior as well. I tried recreating the bookmarks, but this did not resolve it.
tboywyo2

Post by tboywyo2 »

I am having the same problem with my bookmarks.

I am also having trouble with all of my links. If I am in the Come Follow Me manual and it says to click on a scripture, talk, reference, etc it doesn’t take me anywhere.
lynn.stewart7070

Post by lynn.stewart7070 »

I am also experiencing this problem. I tried turning my iPad off and back on but this didn’t help. I then offloaded the app (deleted the app while leaving the data) and then reinstalled it. This didn’t help either.
wluce

Post by wluce »

Same here. Book Mark goes to Book of Mormon instead of to Chapter and Verse as bookmarked. Also, half the time when I open the app and go to where I have book marked, the correct chapter opens up but there is no content. Sometimes I have to remove the BOM from memory and then select it again and then it will open properly, but not always.
missmargaret58

Post by missmargaret58 »

I was having the same issue, and when it wouldn't go to the footnotes in Come, Follow Me tonight, and after repeatedly restarting Gospel Libary and my iPad, and doing a hard reset of my iPad twice, I deleted the app and reinstalled it. Now it doesn't even open, just hangs on the Angel Moroni picture briefly like it's loading, then closes. :?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Are any of you still having the issue? I wonder if it was a temporary problem caused by a malformed content update. Content has been updated again since.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
tboywyo2

Post by tboywyo2 »

Yes mine is working now! Thanks so much!
daronjanis

Post by daronjanis »

Mine is also working again now. The app version is the same, so it must have been an issue with the content that resolved when the content was updated.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”