Study plan?

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

dyarb7

Re: Study plan?

Post by dyarb7 »

Thank you for all you do! I look forward to this option! I am using the Streak App to keep up with my language goals (I’m reading the Old Testament kid reader in various languages) but I want to be able to link directly to my study plans page on the gospel library app. Currently the app doesn’t provide a link directly to my study plans so I’ll have to wait until there is a web version to link Streak to.
sfarnsworth00

Post by sfarnsworth00 »

Is there a way to enter a custom study plan, that would allow me to specify alternate content items? For example, I’d like to list the CFM reading sections by page rather than chapter, and intersperse the personal study sections in the manual, to plan our my study approach for the week. Any option to do this?
BowmanDH

Post by BowmanDH »

Study plans for Windows is still under development. Pray for us. Implementation is part of a larger upgrade to the new Church annotations system. We are working on it and appreciate knowing it will be used when we get it done.
SMBlaylock

Post by SMBlaylock »

sbradshaw wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:52 pm
grantwdavis wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:06 pm help. I have it set up on my iphone and Ipad. I'd like it on my laptop so I can copy and paste a scripture to a word document so I can type in details, and impressions etc on the topic. I have read all the here is how to do it stuff and even youtube... but they all say on my windows based laptop it is right where it is on my iphone or ipad... but it is no where to be found for my laptop. I am sighed in, and have access to everything, but the one thing I wanted... ie. to sync to my laptop windows app? All my tags etc are syncing... just not the study plan
Gospel Library for Windows doesn't have the Study Plans feature yet. If you have Windows 11, you may be able to install the Android version of Gospel Library on your Windows computer.
How would you do that? I do prefer using my laptop where possible, because the larger screen is easier on middle-aged eyes. I also much prefer an actual keyboard for typing.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

SMBlaylock wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:13 am How would you do that? I do prefer using my laptop where possible, because the larger screen is easier on middle-aged eyes. I also much prefer an actual keyboard for typing.
I think you have to install an android emulator. Search on the internet for the terms: Android Emulator for Windows. A few years ago (before gospel library for the windows was released), I toyed with an emulator called Bluestacks and had some success with it. However, it was a bit slow and clunky so I uninstalled it. With technology advances, my experience today may be different if I were to try again.
rbgardiner

Post by rbgardiner »

Sounds great! Add this as one more vote for study plans to sync across devices!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

SMBlaylock wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:13 am
sbradshaw wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:52 pm
grantwdavis wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:06 pm help. I have it set up on my iphone and Ipad. I'd like it on my laptop so I can copy and paste a scripture to a word document so I can type in details, and impressions etc on the topic. I have read all the here is how to do it stuff and even youtube... but they all say on my windows based laptop it is right where it is on my iphone or ipad... but it is no where to be found for my laptop. I am sighed in, and have access to everything, but the one thing I wanted... ie. to sync to my laptop windows app? All my tags etc are syncing... just not the study plan
Gospel Library for Windows doesn't have the Study Plans feature yet. If you have Windows 11, you may be able to install the Android version of Gospel Library on your Windows computer.
How would you do that? I do prefer using my laptop where possible, because the larger screen is easier on middle-aged eyes. I also much prefer an actual keyboard for typing.
Windows 11 has native support for running Android apps via the Amazon Appstore. There are some instructions for installing the Amazon Appstore here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/install-mobile-apps-and-the-amazon-appstore-on-windows-f8d0abb5-44ad-47d8-b9fb-ad6b1459ff6c/
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
Phulbert

Post by Phulbert »

Any update on how soon until the study plan feature is available on the desktop app?

Thanks!
BowmanDH

Post by BowmanDH »

For those willing to be beta testers, it is in the new beta in the store released yesterday.
bfox2

Post by bfox2 »

hey, i thank those who work day and night to fix this!

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”