Taking Photos in Chapel after Meeting

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
olive16

Re: Taking Photos in Chapel after Meeting

Post by olive16 »

so are we allowed to take photos of wedding inside the sacrament hall? particularly in front of the pulpit?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

olive16 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:34 am so are we allowed to take photos of wedding inside the sacrament hall? particularly in front of the pulpit?
There's no longer a Church-wide policy against photos in the chapel (except during sacrament meeting). However, to be safe, you can check with the bishop at the building (there may be local policies).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
simph1

Post by simph1 »

I hope this helps:

Church Handbook of Instructions: 29.7

For the benefit of these members and others, the bishop may, as an exception, authorize a livestream of sacrament meetings and of funerals and weddings held in the meetinghouse. Streams allow others to see and hear a meeting remotely but not participate directly.

A livestream of a sacrament meeting should not include the administration of the sacrament. The stream should be paused during the sacrament and restarted afterward. Or the bishop may move the administration of the sacrament to the end of the meeting after the livestream has ended. The meeting would then close with a hymn and prayer.

The bishop may authorize a priest or Melchizedek Priesthood holder to administer the sacrament in person to those who cannot attend the meeting (see 18.9.1).
heffnerkill

Post by heffnerkill »

For all of those asking about photos in the chapel-There has to be some rules folks. 2 reasons I'm glad for the rules: Just today we saw a man take photos of someone's baby in the pew in front of him. Without the knowledge or approval of the family. We waited to see if he knew them or would show them the photos after the meeting. He did none of those things. THAT'S ALARMING! The 2nd occurrence was an activity held at church where my son was photographed and then made fun of, bullying at its finest, in church no less. My son asked repeatedly for the other teenager to take down the photo-he did not. We had to contact the bishop for the photo to be taken down. Dear Sister's and Brother the rules protect us and guide us, just like the gospel does. Photos can easily be taken elsewhere and with permission. There are bigger things in life to be worried about.

Return to “General Discussions”