Viewing Protecting Children and Youth Training reports

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
cgladdin

Viewing Protecting Children and Youth Training reports

Post by cgladdin »

Is there a way for Primary and Sunday School Leaders to electronically view the Protecting Children and Youth Training reports (who has/has not completed the training) - e.g. via their user accounts, LDS/Members Tools app, LCR app?
drepouille

Re: Viewing Protecting Children and Youth Training reports

Post by drepouille »

As the ward clerk, I routinely send a report of those Past Due to organization presidents.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

As a ward clerk, in the UK, I’m still waiting to see who has/hasn’t done the training. The report hasn’t yet been made available to us. This is despite us being recently asked to carry out the training.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Biggles wrote:As a ward clerk, in the UK, I’m still waiting to see who has/hasn’t done the training. The report hasn’t yet been made available to us. This is despite us being recently asked to carry out the training.
I don't see how the ward clerk can "carry out the training." The training is accomplished online by each member using their own church account to link the training completion to their membership record. There have been posts requesting the ability to do a classroom-based course and have completion added to the member's record, but I don't recall ever seeing that that was made available.

When I was ward clerk, I reminded the organization presidents that making sure their leaders and teachers took the training was their responsibility and the Clerk's role in this is tech support if there are problems. I also made it clear that I would assist members who did not have a computer or online access by getting them online to take the training using the computer in the clerk's office - no one took me up on the offer.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

davesudweeks wrote:
Biggles wrote:As a ward clerk, in the UK, I’m still waiting to see who has/hasn’t done the training. The report hasn’t yet been made available to us. This is despite us being recently asked to carry out the training.
I don't see how the ward clerk can "carry out the training." The training is accomplished online by each member using their own church account to link the training completion to their membership record. There have been posts requesting the ability to do a classroom-based course and have completion added to the member's record, but I don't recall ever seeing that that was made available.

When I was ward clerk, I reminded the organization presidents that making sure their leaders and teachers took the training was their responsibility and the Clerk's role in this is tech support if there are problems. I also made it clear that I would assist members who did not have a computer or online access by getting them online to take the training using the computer in the clerk's office - no one took me up on the offer.
The phrasing I used was possibly incorrect. My role is to monitor who has done it. Not that I was doing the training. I was merely stating that I don't yet have the tool in LCR to see who has done the training.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

In the US, I had access as ward clerk and would send the report to the organizations from time to time (you can filter by organization). Unfortunate that you don't have access - that prevents you from monitoring. You might ask whomever tasked you to monitor to show you how to access the report...
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

davesudweeks wrote:In the US, I had access as ward clerk and would send the report to the organizations from time to time (you can filter by organization). Unfortunate that you don't have access - that prevents you from monitoring. You might ask whomever tasked you to monitor to show you how to access the report...
Already done that! Like most new actions by the Church authorities, the instructions come long before the infrastructure is available. I’m resigned to being patient. It will happen when it happens. :(
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Biggles wrote:
davesudweeks wrote:In the US, I had access as ward clerk and would send the report to the organizations from time to time (you can filter by organization). Unfortunate that you don't have access - that prevents you from monitoring. You might ask whomever tasked you to monitor to show you how to access the report...
Already done that! Like most new actions by the Church authorities, the instructions come long before the infrastructure is available. I’m resigned to being patient. It will happen when it happens. :(
Your patience is a blessing that too few today have. All the best!

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”