Gospel Living' app circles

Any discussions around the Gospel Living App on various mobile devices.
m_d_brown

Re: Gospel Living' app circles

Post by m_d_brown »

Is there a way now or in the works to provide web-based access to Circles for those (like many of our youth) without cell phones?
Thanks
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

m_d_brown wrote:Is there a way now or in the works to provide web-based access to Circles for those (like many of our youth) without cell phones?
Thanks
That basic question has been asked elsewhere, including in earlier pages of this topic/thread. If you wish to encourage (or possibly accelerate) development of web-based access, there are two avenues: 1) talk with your bishop and/or stake president and ask them to raise the request up the ecclesiastical chain of command; 2) use the 'Feedback' button on the top-level or other page on the Church website.
mlvsnv

Re: Gospel Living' app

Post by mlvsnv »

Is this app dead? Is it being maintained? What is current version? How does one check for updates or are they pushed out automatically? Is it possible to create a circle, such as Temple and Family History Consultants, etc.? How do I add family members not living in my household? There is no "settings" on the app to provide feedback as suggested in above January post (this is May). If this is just for youth communications, it is worthless for those without youth in their home.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Gospel Living' app

Post by russellhltn »

mlvsnv wrote:Is this app dead? Is it being maintained? What is current version?
No
Yes
I see version 1.2.0 on my Android.
mlvsnv wrote:How does one check for updates or are they pushed out automatically?
The same way you do for any other app in the Apple App store/Google Play Store.
mlvsnv wrote:Is it possible to create a circle, such as Temple and Family History Consultants, etc.? How do I add family members not living in my household?
Not currently. We're not sure of the plans or when any changes will take place.
mlvsnv wrote:There is no "settings" on the app to provide feedback as suggested in above January post (this is May).
If I got into "Profile" and scroll down, Feedback is the second section from the bottom.
mlvsnv wrote:If this is just for youth communications, it is worthless for those without youth in their home.
I see circles for "Adults" and "EQ" for communication within the ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
JenJoyRose

Post by JenJoyRose »

I’m trying to add my 20 yr old son to our household circle, and see that since the lds tools has him in his own “household” I can’t add him. I do recognize the need to separate households however, and appreciate it, as I have a friend who has a restraining order against her husband and she needs to keep herself and her children safe from him. He is living in another household and so thankfully their circles are separate.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

JenJoyRose wrote:I’m trying to add my 20 yr old son to our household circle, and see that since the lds tools has him in his own “household” I can’t add him.
Editing household circles is not yet available. It may be at some time in the future. Going through all the scenarios and how to implement who would be able to edit the household circle is a daunting analysis and implementation challenge. Far too many of the scenarios I imagined tells me that a special family circle, or even a family and friends circle, might be a solution rather than allowing too much editing of the household circle. We will know what solution they come up with when it is released.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
LindaMiller

Post by LindaMiller »

How does an administrator add information for members of the circle?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

LindaMiller wrote:How does an administrator add information for members of the circle?
As jdlessley said in the post immediately before yours, editing household circles is not yet available.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

lajackson wrote:
LindaMiller wrote:How does an administrator add information for members of the circle?
As jdlessley said in the post immediately before yours, editing household circles is not yet available.
And I think, by extension, editing ALL circles is not yet available.
Tytyanan3

Post by Tytyanan3 »

Do you have to be 13 years old to use Circles?

Return to “Gospel Living App”