Circles

Any discussions around the Gospel Living App on various mobile devices.
lovingfam

Circles

Post by lovingfam »

So, maybe I'm missing the feature/option but, for my kids who are deacons, teachers, and priests, can I not join those circles? If I can't, then my boys (I don't have any girls) who don't have phones will miss out on notifications since I'm not in the quorum circles and (while I can see what is posted if I go look for it ... which is nice) because I won't get notifications they won't either. :(
Is there a way to be added / invite parents to the quorum circles for those 8-18 yr-old youths who don't have a smart phone?

Also, separate but related, my newly-minted 18 yr-old (priest) is listed in "my household" but is not listed in "my children's circles" which seems wonky.
warrior12345

Re: What is the 'Gospel Living' app? Where is it available?

Post by warrior12345 »

Additional thing I just noticed thanks to my wife just signing up, there is no Relief Society circles???
lajackson
Community Moderators

Circles

Post by lajackson »

warrior12345 wrote:Additional thing I just noticed thanks to my wife just signing up, there is no Relief Society circles???
Nope. No elders quorum circle either. I think they should be added and that it would be an excellent idea to provide feedback to that effect.
Surfing4u

Re: Circles

Post by Surfing4u »

We would love to see Circles for EQ & RF and Ward as well :) that would be so wonderful!! Who has access to make this happen ? Bishop ?
TuckerHST

Post by TuckerHST »

I'm the Elders Quorum President and I can't create a Circle? That would be considered an MVP feature.

In my opinion, the app is not yet ready for public release when it only supports Aaronic Priesthood (e.g., Bishopric) functions, but I'm looking forward to the full release of the app!

I hope the church will let us know when it's finally ready.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I recommend reviewing this church article, particularly the last section titled "A Developing Platform": https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/chu ... g=eng&_r=1, you will see that it is targeted first for use by children and youth, but more functionality and content/features may be added for all members to use and enjoy. The official way to request functionality in the app is by using feedback from within the app itself. There is no guarantee that comments made here on this user-to-user mutual help forum will make it to the developers or (more importantly) those who set their priorities.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Send feedback and make the suggestions. The app was developed to support the new Children and Youth program. Only the developers will be able to add other circles and they will only do it with instruction from those who asked them to develop the app, i.e., their priesthood leaders.

To have circles for RS and EQ would be a marvelous addition in my opinion. It would solve almost all of the physical communication challenges we have at present. I have sent feedback to that effect.

I expect that as soon as the app is stable now that it has been released to the youth of the Church worldwide, this may well be one of the first adjustments they make. But they will have to make it, and our Church leaders will need to assign them to do it.
jcoloradohunter

Post by jcoloradohunter »

lovingfam wrote:So, maybe I'm missing the feature/option but, for my kids who are deacons, teachers, and priests, can I not join those circles? If I can't, then my boys (I don't have any girls) who don't have phones will miss out on notifications since I'm not in the quorum circles and (while I can see what is posted if I go look for it ... which is nice) because I won't get notifications they won't either. :(
Is there a way to be added / invite parents to the quorum circles for those 8-18 yr-old youths who don't have a smart phone?
I'll second the need for the option to allow parents to receive notifications for their kids' circles. Our ward leaders have used group texting apps such as GroupMe to communicate but it does require maintaining contact lists. As a youth leader I would love to use Circles to make calendaring invites but if parents aren't made aware through notifications I'll end up using other means to get the word out. Circles is close but still lacking in my opinion.

The option for creating custom groups would also be helpful. We have our 8-11 yr old primary boys split into two groups, 8-9 yrs and 10-11 yrs.
uniquedezigner

Post by uniquedezigner »

As a member of the stake RS presidency, may I join a ward’s RS circle?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

uniquedezigner wrote:As a member of the stake RS presidency, may I join a ward’s RS circle?
Probably not, except for your own ward RS circle. You might wish to send feedback through the app if you feel this would be of benefit.

Return to “Gospel Living App”