Ancestry account not allowing access to search results

Discussions around Genealogy technology.
Andrewjgold

Ancestry account not allowing access to search results

Post by Andrewjgold »

Hello,

I have been utilizing Ancestry regularly (every day) for the last few months. It has been a wonderful resource for me. 24 hours ago, I could no longer access the majority of search results without receiving a message stating that I needed to sign up for a "U.S. Discovery membership to view this record. BEST VALUE - SAVE $206 months - $99".

I then disconnected my familysearch account from Ancestry, logged out, and reconnected it but to no avail. I've been able to access 95% of records without a problem up to this point. I hadn't made any changes to my Ancestry or FamilySearch accounts to prompt this change. When I checked my subscriptions on Ancestry, it still states that I have the Church of Jesus Christ-Ancestry Membership.

I've attached a screenshot. It seems to limit me to viewing "hints" for each person without the additional US Discovery Membership. In order to further test, I selected the $24/month option for a US Discovery membership but the link did not work (I imagine because I have a Church of Jesus Christ-Ancestry Membership) and I found that the problem continued to persist.

Has anyone else seen this problem? I'd love to solve it as it has limited my research considerably.

Thank you much! Andrew
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 12.24.53 PM.png
(497.61 KiB) Not downloaded yet
jwthomasbennion

Re: Ancestry account not allowing access to search results

Post by jwthomasbennion »

Ancestry is accusing Chrome of a new bug, that affects how they access cookies & stored cache data. They say if you try Firefox, the problem goes away. But turns out the best fix is to completely flush out all Chrome cookies & cache data, then reboot. Unfortunately you will lose any passwords that Chrome was saving for you. But its best not to depend on Chrome for passwords anyway. See https://www.facebook.com/groups/TempleA ... 794364514/

Return to “Family History”