All my notes disappeared

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
4idoc

All my notes disappeared

Post by 4idoc »

I was writing in my journal this morning and wanted to add in a scripture reference. When I opened up my Gospel Library app ALL of my notes (at least from the beginning of the year) were GONE! Has this happened to anyone else, and is it possible to get all of that information back? I lost my highlights, notes, links, etc. It's killing me since I was putting so much in from Come Follow Me this year!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: All my notes disappeared

Post by sbradshaw »

Are you on iOS? If so, see this thread: Notes, highlights and tags deleted
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
tburgon1

Post by tburgon1 »

I have had the same thing happen on a windows 10 platform. Others have had this happen multiple times, strongly discouraging the use of the Library app. Currently I cannot edit or add notes from a PC. Support normally takes several weeks to respond. I cannot even find the a way to access support at this time.
kerihansen

Post by kerihansen »

This just happened to me as well. It is devastating. I'm sorry to hear it happened to you and the other that wrote. I have put so much into it like you have. I'm learning from this that i must save my special notes in a different app altogether by writing responses to Come Follow Me questions and filling them that way somewhere else. I don't want to take any chances from now on. I know you will be helped to go forward and i pray for you and the loss you feel and that you will be greatly blessed for your love of God and of your Savior and dedication and pondering of the "words of life" that change everything in this life for the better. I'm glad the writings are a part of you and are not lost.
More is to come and He will help us with more insights for what we need..
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

kerihansen wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:55 pm This just happened to me as well.
Are you on iOS, Android, or Windows Gospel Library? Were/are you signed in with your Church Account?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mjefferis

Post by mjefferis »

This just happened to me. I just lost 6 months of OT footnote highlights and notes. but not from before 6 months ago are there. Is there any way to get them back? Is there any way to talk to a real person at LDS Tec?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

mjefferis wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:10 pm I just lost 6 months of OT footnote highlights and notes.
I will provide here a very unsettling answer that will require an extreme amount of faith and patience.

For a number of years here at the Forum I have been reading posts about Notes disappearing and reappearing again. The only thing that seems to be consistent is that they sometimes go away, and they most often return after a few days. So my suggested answer is to wait and just be patient for a few days.

No one has ever explained why this happens or suggested any type of workaround. It just seems to happen from time to time. And as far as I know, they usually come back on their own.

That level of frustration is not acceptable to me and is the reason I probably will never use Notes.

You may wish to try sending feedback through the app. You might also verify that you are properly signed in on any device you are using. And do not sign in with a new device that has no recorded notes.

Other than that, patience is a very difficult virtue in this situation.
mjefferis wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:10 pm Is there any way to talk to a real person at LDS Tec?
We are all right here when you post. The Church Tech Forum is a group of user-to-user members who help each other with shared experiences gained over the years while using Church software and other programs. It is not unusual that someone here will have already seen something that works. Sometimes collective minds figure out temporary solutions while those who actually program (and who rarely visit this forum) work diligently to provide the best software solutions they can under priority restraints that they do not control.

Your clerk is able to give you a phone number to contact the Global Services Department, normally staffed with Church service missionaries who have been known from time to time to update their scripts based on various topics and threads posted here at the forum. They do perform a set of basic and needed functions quite well when there is a known solution. Under the right circumstances they will forward technical problems to the developers. It is usually a one-way street, however, and I have found that sending Feedback through an app is often just as effective in getting problems elevated.

Return to “Gospel Library”