Robotic Process Automaion (RPA)

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
palmermike

Robotic Process Automaion (RPA)

Postby palmermike » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:23 am

Is the church doing any automation / hyper-automation with UI Path or other RPA tools?

I have some interesting work on at the moment in automating web ui's and applications to exchange and transform data, and thought that it would greatly benefit the church to use this technology.

Regards,

Mike Palmer.
Ten Tribes Consulting Ltd.

mevans

Re: Robotic Process Automaion (RPA)

Postby mevans » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:30 am

I wasn't aware of UI Path, but took a look at their website. The tool supports screen scraping, so you might be able to do several things on the church site with it. Screen scraping is often times a difficult way to get at data and it can break frequently when the site being scraped gets updated by the programmers. I haven't looked at the underlying data on the church's website to see how easy it would be to scrape the data. However, the church seems to experiment and do A/B testing, so that might make it inconvenient to successfully scrape the screen.

In general, I don't believe the APIs are exposed outside of the church.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”