Name change

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
doloresfluckiger

Name change

Post by doloresfluckiger »

I have remarried and cannot take out old name and insert new one, help pls
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Name change

Post by russellhltn »

doloresfluckiger wrote:I have remarried and cannot take out old name and insert new one, help pls
If you're talking about your membership record, you can't - you'll have to inform your ward clerk/ward membership clerk of the change.

If you're talking about your Church Account, you can change your own login name. But anything else would require the clerk to contact support. For some reason the account doesn't sync with the membership records.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
pmccartt

Post by pmccartt »

My husbands name is where my name should be.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Go to Church Account and sign in. At the Profile/Personal Information tab see what name is entered in Display Name. At the bottom of the Profile/Personal Information tab check to see what name is listed for both First Name and Last Name. If your husband's name is there then it is likely his membership record number (MRN) is registered with the account. To check what MRN is registered with the account go to the Profile/Membership tab and check to see if your MRN or your husband's MRN is listed there.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center?

Return to “Church Account”