Printing with Footnotes

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
themommasam

Printing with Footnotes

Post by themommasam »

Does anyone know a way to print out the General Conference talks WITH the footnotes? I can get them to show up on the side of the screen, but I can’t get them to print.
mevans

Re: Printing with Footnotes

Post by mevans »

I don't know if there is a way from the church's study tools; however, you can find the talk printed in the Ensign or Liahona and print it as a PDF from there. That will include the footnotes.
SeanMBird

Post by SeanMBird »

I'm so sad that the website doesn't print with footnotes anymore! I like to print out "cornerstone talks" and study them in depth on paper but since there's no footnotes on the sheet anymore, it has made that method impractical.

I'll have to try your ensign method...
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

In the most recent general conference and in some of the previous, if you go to a conference talk at Gospel Library Online, there's a download button in the top right that allows you to download a PDF of the talk ("This Page (PDF)") in the same format as the talk would appear in the Liahona.

For example:
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... n?lang=eng
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
deba8@hotmail.com

Post by deba8@hotmail.com »

I too am so sad they do not include the footnotes in a regular copy format as the richest part of the talk is often found there. I can print with footnotes from both the conference talk page and the ensign article on my desktop but not my phone.
geowizrd4zion

Post by geowizrd4zion »

if you go to scriptures.byu.edu and dig around a bit, i think you will be happy to find you can easily print a talk with the complete footnotes imbedded inline in the text

Return to “Main Church Website”