How do I join a circle? The app didn't add me to the "Adults" circle in our ward?

Any discussions around the Gospel Living App on various mobile devices.
kristinjamison

How do I join a circle? The app didn't add me to the "Adults" circle in our ward?

Post by kristinjamison »

Great app....I'm part of the circles that pertain to my calling and my part in the RS, but it didn't add me to the "Adults" circle.....how can I remedy that? I'm getting notifications that things are being posted in that circle, but I cannot access the messages...I'm not part of the Adults circle. Please help! :)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: How do I join a circle? The app didn't add me to the "Adults" circle in our ward?

Post by russellhltn »

There's an Adults circle? I didn't see one.

The app was developed primarily for the youth. RS and EQ was added later. A circle for the whole ward would make sense, but I haven't seen or heard of one.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: How do I join a circle? The app didn't add me to the "Adults" circle in our ward?

Post by jdlessley »

Yes, the Adults circle has been added by the development team on March17th. I just noticed it after seeing it discussed in this thread.
kristinjamison wrote:Great app....I'm part of the circles that pertain to my calling and my part in the RS, but it didn't add me to the "Adults" circle.....how can I remedy that? I'm getting notifications that things are being posted in that circle, but I cannot access the messages...I'm not part of the Adults circle. Please help! :)
Since you are getting notifications for that circle, it should be available, but you may not have joined the circle yet. Tap Circles in the menu at the bottom of the screen page. Then tap Unit Circles in the OTHER CIRCLES group below the list of circles in JOINED CIRCLES group. The list of available circles for your unit will be listed. Do you see the Adults circle listed there? (They are listed alphabetically and should be at the top of the list.) Since I am a default administrator due to my calling I can't tell you how to join the circle exactly. But I suspect if you tap the circle you want to join you will be able to join somehow on that screen.

If you are still having problems finding or joining the circle, then contact your ward clerk. He is an administrator for that circle. He will also be able to look into issues.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:Tap Circles in the menu at the bottom of the screen page.
OK
jdlessley wrote:Then tap Unit Circles in the OTHER CIRCLES group below the list of circles in JOINED CIRCLES group.
I don't see any of this. I've tried various things to refresh and check for any filtering. I'm running 1.1.5 on Android and there's nothing showing as newer in the Play store.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

russellhltn wrote:
jdlessley wrote:Tap Circles in the menu at the bottom of the screen page.
OK
jdlessley wrote:Then tap Unit Circles in the OTHER CIRCLES group below the list of circles in JOINED CIRCLES group.
I don't see any of this. I've tried various things to refresh and check for any filtering. I'm running 1.1.5 on Android and there's nothing showing as newer in the Play store.

What do you see after tapping Circles on the menu bar?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:What do you see after tapping Circles on the menu bar?
A text "screenshot"

==================================
Circles
Joined Circles
EQ Elders Quorum
MH My Household

Discover Today My Life Circles Profile
==================================

I've tried pulling down (refresh), force quit and re-open.

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

So you do not see the OTHER CIRCLES group? Since I have a long list of circles in my JOINED CIRCLES group I have to scroll down the page. But since you only have a few circles in the JOINED CIRCLES group it should be visible without scrolling.
JD Lessley
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:So you do not see the OTHER CIRCLES group?
No, I don't.

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Sounds like a bug. Send feedback.
JD Lessley
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Sent. But it's possible it's being rolled out by units. And maybe I can't see an "OTHER" until there's something to show. At this point, I've joined everything I can join.

I suppose I can leave all circles, but I'm not sure as I could get back in based on the other messages I've seen here.

Return to “Gospel Living App”