How do I join a circle? The app didn't add me to the "Adults" circle in our ward?

Any discussions around the Gospel Living App on various mobile devices.
dsesplin

Re: How do I join a circle? The app didn't add me to the "Adults" circle in our ward?

Post by dsesplin »

I do not see "Other Circles" either. Is that something that is being rolled out?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: How do I join a circle? The app didn't add me to the "Adults" circle in our ward?

Post by russellhltn »

dsesplin wrote:I do not see "Other Circles" either. Is that something that is being rolled out?
From what I've seen "Other Circles" will not appear if there's nothing in that category.

I did notice an updated version in the last few days. That might help.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Based on our discussion in this thread I am guessing that the OTHER CIRCLES group is a place to put some groups of circles like Unit Circles for the ward default administrators. As a ward clerk I am seeing that the circles listed when I tap Unit Circles is a complete list of circles within the ward of which I am not a member but I am an administrator. I suspect there is going to be administrative features added in the future that I do not currently have. So far all I can do is to open the circle to see a list of Members and Administrators.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

From what I've seen, there are "Joined Circles" and "Available Circles". If a given category is empty, then the heading completely disappears.

For example, when I had left all the circles, "Joined" disappeared and it was "Available" that was at the top. When I joined everything, "Available" disappeared. I can't say as I'm fond of that feature as it seems to cause more confusion then it prevents.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

under "Other Circles" I have "My Children's Circles"
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
rtccccmg

Post by rtccccmg »

There are quite a few other folks in our Ward with the same problem, me included. When you click on circles there are no "Other Circles" and no way to join the "Adult Circles". Apparently, there are a bunch of folks all over the place with the same problem. Someone said that the Ward Clerk is over that, so I am going to ask him on Sunday, but if it is an extensive problem church wide, perhaps Salt Lake needs to look into the app writers upgrading the app?

Return to “Gospel Living App”