Gospel Living App for Kindle?

Any discussions around the Gospel Living App on various mobile devices.
DancingDoll2

Gospel Living App for Kindle?

Post by DancingDoll2 »

WIll the gospel living app be available for the Kindle at any point? My kids do not have phones yet but would like to be able to use the app.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Gospel Living App for Kindle?

Post by sbradshaw »

I don't know if the app will be made available for Kindle (if it is, I expect it won't be in the short term). However, it would be a good suggestion to send using in-app feedback (if you have a device with Gospel Living installed) or using the Feedback link at the bottom of the Church website. Personally, I'd like to see a browser-based version that could be accessed from any internet-connected device (including a laptop/desktop computer). A native app usually provides a smoother experience where it's available, but a web app provides a good fallback for other platforms.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
benegbert
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by benegbert »

Both the Web App Version and the Kindle version are currently common feature requests that are being tracked and reviewed.
AdamDenison

Gospel Living App for Kindle Fire?

Post by AdamDenison »

Has any consideration been given to doing a Kindle version of the Gospel Living app? My 12-year-old is a class president, but she doesn't have a smartphone. Would love for her to be able to have the app (especially Circles feature) on her Kindle Fire.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Gospel Living App for Kindle Fire?

Post by jdlessley »

AdamDenison wrote:Has any consideration been given to doing a Kindle version of the Gospel Living app?
This is unknown. There is a Church News article, You Asked, We Listened. Here's What's Coming in Gospel Living, that gives a little bit of information but does not address your question.
AdamDenison wrote:Would love for her to be able to have the app (especially Circles feature) on her Kindle Fire.
If you are technology proficient there are two methods described in this online article to possibly get the app from Google Play on your Kindle Fire.
[Disclosure: I do not have a Kindle Fire and have not tried either approach.]
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Gospel Living App for Kindle Fire?

Post by russellhltn »

AdamDenison wrote:Has any consideration been given to doing a Kindle version of the Gospel Living app? My 12-year-old is a class president, but she doesn't have a smartphone. Would love for her to be able to have the app (especially Circles feature) on her Kindle Fire.
Your post was combined into an existing thread. You can see an answer just before your post.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bahandfield

Post by bahandfield »

Would love to see the Gospel Living app be made available for kindle so children without phones may have access to their circles.
jgballstaedt

Post by jgballstaedt »

We also would like to see this app on Amazon products. Our kids have an Amazon fire but no phones.
force4good

Post by force4good »

Wondering if compatibility for fire tablets from Amazon is being considered? I am unsure if there’s a conflict with Amazon on this (speculating) as they’ve not supported other LDS media on their video platform for rent, or purchase. The only way I could locate the gospel living app in the Google play store on our fire tablet was from lds.org upon which a “ your device isn’t compatible with this version.“ was given. Attempt at using the web app was a no go too.
I just figured most youth have access to tablets over cell phones and wondered if the fire tablets are being considered and if so if there’s a rough estimate ETA or if we ought to consider other avenues?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Gospel Living is now available on the Amazon Appstore, so it can be installed on Kindle Fire devices:
https://www.amazon.com/Church-Jesus-Christ-Latter-day-Saints/dp/B0CJ19RGZZ/
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Gospel Living App”