My records have been misplaced and I cant locate them or my membership number. Please help

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
suzyqbterri2

My records have been misplaced and I cant locate them or my membership number. Please help

Post by suzyqbterri2 »

I moved around a bit after i got baptised because i lost my house. Somehow in all the confusion of where i was going to be my records seemed to be nowhere to be found. I also need my membership number to access the ward clerk of the church i was baptised in , in kuna. I havnt had a place to call home for some time until now and would like to have my records sent to my new ward. Any bit of direction from someone would be most appreciated. Thank you so much. God bless everyone. Stay well.

Sister Terri Chappell
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: My records have been misplaced and I cant locate them or my membership number. Please help

Post by scgallafent »

Contact the ward clerk of your new ward. He can request the records using your name and birth date.
suzyqbterri2

Re: My records have been misplaced and I cant locate them or my membership number. Please help

Post by suzyqbterri2 »

Thank you so much. God Bless
mevans

Post by mevans »

I don't know if you've had time yet to see if the ward clerk in your new ward can find your membership record. If for some reason he can't find your membership record, please come back and ask more questions.

Also, I assume you're using a church account that's not connected to your membership record. Once you get your membership record number, it's important to get your church account connected to your membership record number. Make sure you don't end up with two separate church accounts, or matters can get confusing. People here can help you if you're confused.
Creagan077

Post by Creagan077 »

Cannot find my membership number. Have been Inactive for awhile . How can I retrieve that information?
mevans

Post by mevans »

Creagan077 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:13 am Cannot find my membership number. Have been Inactive for awhile . How can I retrieve that information?
It appears that you have a church account, since you're able to post in the forum. Therefore, after you're logged in, go to this page:
https://account.churchofjesuschrist.org/

Scroll to the bottom. Your membership record number is there.

If there's no membership record number, then maybe your church account was never connected to your membership record. If that's the case, then you have some other options:

Contact your local church unit and get your records moved in.
If you're not yet ready for your local unit to be aware of you, you may be able to contact the Global Service Center for that information. They'll ask questions to verify your identity. I don't know if they'll help you or want you to go to your local unit, but it's worth a try. Your profile doesn't indicate where you live, but if it's in the USA, here are some numbers:

Telephone Support
801-240-3500
855-537-4357

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”