Zoom Account for Bishops and Leaders

Using Google Meet, Zoom, etc.)
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Zoom Account for Bishops and Leaders

Post by jdlessley »

marnofi wrote:Doesn't everyone in a Zoom meeting need a Zoom account, too?
No. The only one who needs a Zoom account is the administrator. And the users do not need to install the app on their computer, tablet, or phone either. There is an option in the fine print at the bottom of the Zoom page that has a link to use Zoom as a webpage without the app.

I have not had a Zoom account and have not installed the app for several months of ward council meetings using Zoom. Only recently did I install the app so I could get additional features.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

jdlessley wrote:
marnofi wrote:Doesn't everyone in a Zoom meeting need a Zoom account, too?
No. The only one who needs a Zoom account is the administrator. And the users do not need to install the app on their computer, tablet, or phone either. There is an option in the fine print at the bottom of the Zoom page that has a link to use Zoom as a webpage without the app.

I have not had a Zoom account and have not installed the app for several months of ward council meetings using Zoom. Only recently did I install the app so I could get additional features.
I think there's a checkbox when setting up the meeting where the host can choose if they want to limit the meeting to people with a Zoom account.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

FWIW - It appears that Zoom, now by default, puts anyone joining a Zoom meeting into the waiting room. The host then admits them to that meeting. This has only just happened and we aren’t sure yet if this action overrides the hosts settings.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Biggles wrote:FWIW - It appears that Zoom, now by default, puts anyone joining a Zoom meeting into the waiting room. The host then admits them to that meeting. This has only just happened and we aren’t sure yet if this action overrides the hosts settings.
This is a new Zoom security measure for meetings that do not have a password. If someone enters the meeting number and the password, they will go directly to the meeting (unless the host has set it differently). Otherwise, they are diverted to the waiting room as you mentioned.
marnofi

Post by marnofi »

Thanks for the feedback. I've since used Zoom (just once, so far), and didn't need an account. I used it on a Kindle Fire HD 8 6th edition. It worked fine.
joeneuman

Post by joeneuman »

pablosalfate wrote:I'm appalled that the church is asking to perform several meetings as leaders and to attend others of our organizations and they have have not provide a clear policy regarding to online meetings,

every ward , bishop and leader should have a zoom pro account sponsored by the church, I have been in meetings when we have to wait up to 10 minutes for the new meeting to be set up cause the 40 minutes are gone so fast.
the church should have been on top of the games since the getgo and let't be honest how hard would be for the church getting these accounts , pennies for the thousands accounts

Pablo

I prefer to use Google Meet. Currently, there is no time limit and up to 250 users.
pchase2000

Post by pchase2000 »

If you use a coupon website called "Retailmenot.com" you can save a little off of the monthly charge of Zoom. ALSO.. If you pay the extra $40 for webcasting it is much easier....
wfindlay

Post by wfindlay »

arpitman wrote:Actually I called the church help line and found that you can request a Google Meet account that is church sponsored if you don't mind using Google instead of zoom.

After getting one we have only used it once because everyone seems to like Zoom better.
Hi, would you be able to share the number for the church help line?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

wfindlay wrote:Hi, would you be able to share the number for the church help line?
The Global Service Department (GSD), the help line, manager has asked that we not publish the number in the Tech Forum. Your ward clerk or any bishopric member has access to the help line number that is published in the Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR) Contact US article.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center?
wfindlay

Post by wfindlay »

Ok thank you. I mostly wanted to ask them how they would recommend from a technical standpoint setting up Sunday school with multiple 30 minute classes being run simultaneously.

Return to “Interactive Virtual Meetings”