Not Receiving Emails

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
koperr26

Not Receiving Emails

Post by koperr26 »

I'm not sure if this is correct place to ask for help, but I am not receiving any emails from the church. I have all the correct boxes checked in my account settings, the correct email address, but not receiving any of the announcements from the church. I would appreciate any help. Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Not Receiving Emails

Post by russellhltn »

Are you able to log into the Directory or the Calendar? I'm looking for evidence you have your account associated with your membership record.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
koperr26

Post by koperr26 »

Yes, on lds.org I am able to see both my Ward directory and calendar. Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm out of ideas. I see you have a Gmail account - same as me.

Do check and make sure it's not being stuck under "Promotions" or "Social". I find them in there from time to time. Sometimes even "Spam".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
koperr26

Post by koperr26 »

Yeah, there is nothing under Promotions, Social, Updates, or Spam. Thanks for your help!
briantraweek

Post by briantraweek »

This is an ongoing problem in our stake, where a stake leader will use the Send a Message app in LCR to send an email to an organizational group but it doesn't get through to *some* of theme in the group. Not in spam, not in any other folder in their email. Suggestions? The problem is not with the personal email accounts or the email address entries in the membership record.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Some email domains don't like the messages. byu.net has been particularly problematic.

david.handy

Post by david.handy »

This seems to be a BUG in the send email application. With some testing, I have found the emails WITH ATTACHMENTS aren't sent to all selected recipients on the chosen list. Emails without attachments do seem to go out to everyone. How do we log this as a bug?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

david.handy wrote:How do we log this as a bug?
Send feedback from the Send A Message page. That feedback is routed to those who direct the programmer's priorities. You can include a link to this thread if you want - the decision makers at the church don't visit this user-to-user mutual help forum and will likely never see posts here.
cando70

Post by cando70 »

One of our Ward Clerks discovered that an email entered as "Household" email address was not getting received when a Ward message was sent to all members. He entered the same email address as the member's individual email address and messages were received.
It makes sense on the individual and household separation...
• A message to all sisters will not go to household.
• Likewise, a message to all brothers will not go to household.
• these email addresses must be assigned to the proper member role.

At least one family member needs to have a value set for their personal email address.

Return to “Other Member Technologies”