Page 3 of 3

Re: Not able to sign in to member tools

Posted: Sat May 02, 2020 2:23 pm
by rjhidaho
Confirmed on my Android Galaxy S8 that I had to implement a overall phone pin password before "Tools" will work. I previously used a swipe pattern.

Bad design. No app should dictate how you set up your phone.

Re: Not able to sign in to member tools

Posted: Sat May 02, 2020 2:28 pm
by russellhltn
rjhidaho wrote:Confirmed on my Android Galaxy S8 that I had to implement a overall phone pin password before "Tools" will work. I previously used a swipe pattern.
Are you on 4.0.1? That seemed to solve some problems.

Re: Not able to sign in to member tools

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:03 am
by mmadsen57
I haven't been able to use member tools on my Samsung Tab A tablet for over a month, despite numerous re-installs. Keep getting the same error message :
"No biometric hardware found"

Re: Not able to sign in to member tools

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:25 am
by russellhltn
mmadsen57 wrote:I haven't been able to use member tools on my Samsung Tab A tablet for over a month, despite numerous re-installs. Keep getting the same error message :
"No biometric hardware found"
Do you have a PIN or other method to unlock your device? If not, I'd suggest setting one.

Re: Not able to sign in to member tools

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:30 am
by samsoft
But how to fix the issue?

I've tried password, pin, face unlock, but it still won't work... I also tried to uninstall and reinstall but...

So, how to fix it?

Re: Not able to sign in to member tools - biometric hardware

Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:10 pm
by mckellsl
I have this same problem on my Nokia 2.2 - i open Member Tools, login, then eventually it quits with a msg popup saying 'biometric hardware unavailable'.

How do I get past this to work again? seems like you need to change something in the app.

Re: Not able to sign in to member tools

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:05 pm
by SMBlaylock
mmadsen57 wrote:I haven't been able to use member tools on my Samsung Tab A tablet for over a month, despite numerous re-installs. Keep getting the same error message :
"No biometric hardware found"
I'm having the same problem with my ONN tablet (Android 10), which DOES have a device PIN (can't seem to not have one on this device).

Re: Not able to sign in to member tools

Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:36 pm
by ramon.carter
Disable your cell phone login password and then complete the setup of LDS Tools. After the installation is completed then re-enable your cell phone login password.

At your service Br. Carter Milwaukie Oregon Stake STS.

Re: Not able to sign in to member tools

Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:13 pm
by russellhltn
ramon.carter wrote:Disable your cell phone login password
Just wanted to verify: You're talking about disabling the device's unlock code, not disabling 2 factor authentication, correct?

Re: Not able to sign in to member tools

Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:09 pm
by melvinparra
ramon.carter wrote:Disable your cell phone login password and then complete the setup of LDS Tools. After the installation is completed then re-enable your cell phone login password.

At your service Br. Carter Milwaukie Oregon Stake STS.

Thank you so much for your help, it works for me. I disable the password and then setup the app and after that set the password again.