code or password

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
bettsv

code or password

Post by bettsv »

Why is tools telling me that I have to a password or a code on my phone to be able to open the app. I have never had to have to do that and I should not have to. An in app code so be enough.
please respond and let my know.
Thank you,
Vicky Betts
klricks

Re: code or password

Post by klricks »

See this thread with similar subject: viewtopic.php?f=115&t=36772
Assistant Ward Clerk
fminnis

Post by fminnis »

I agree. I believe the "in-app" password was sufficient for member tools. i do not want nor do i need the lock screen password that applies to my entire phone. Every time the screen goes blank to save battery, even when no app is running, it makes me swipe the screen and sign in with my PIN. Screen goes blank after 30 seconds of no activity to save battery. Terribly inconvenient to have the lock come on and require a password to resume. I hate to give up the member tools mobile app, but if this requirement persists, i will have to.
klricks

Post by klricks »

After an update today (4.0.1) MT now allows in-app pin when a system pin, fingerprint etc. is not enabled.
Assistant Ward Clerk
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

klricks wrote:After an update today (4.0.1) MT now allows in-app pin when a system pin, fingerprint etc. is not enabled.
That version of Android Member Tools is a beta. The latest non-beta release is 3.6.1 (101039.8) according to the Google Play Store.

Edit: According to scgallafent in this post the 4.0.1 version is being rolled out gradually. So some of you may have it and some will be like me and still be on 3.6.1.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Android Member Tools App”