Can't make a donation online

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
rschehda

Can't make a donation online

Post by rschehda »

Hi, I am living in Switzerland like 3 months ago, and when I go to the donations page it only appears the history of donations that I've made, but it doesn't appear the paper to fill to make a donation. :?

What's the problem? Do I have to make a donation in person first, so that will allow me to pay online then or what?

Thanks!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Can't make a donation online

Post by lajackson »

Online donations are different from in person donations and one is not required in order to do the other. You can always donate in person. You can only donate online if your country has an online donation system.

Your clerk will be able to help you donate online if Switzerland has an online system. It will require that you have a Swiss banking account.

If you have been donating online in the past in another country and have moved to Switzerland, and you wish to continue to donate as you have been from the same bank account you were using, there is a way this can be done. Many who move temporarily do this. You would need to contact the donations department for assistance.
onlinedonationsupport@churchofjesuschrist.org
gjkrenkjr

Post by gjkrenkjr »

The "Make a Donation" option isn't appearing on my account either despite me paying tithing on this account for years. I live in the US, so I'm not sure why it's stopped working.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

gjkrenkjr wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:53 am The "Make a Donation" option isn't appearing on my account either despite me paying tithing on this account for years. I live in the US, so I'm not sure why it's stopped working.
What about other websites like Ward Directory or Calendar?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

You'll need to get your membership records moved back into your ward. Talk to your ward clerk.
rsyael

Re: Online Donation Form Missing from My Account

Post by rsyael »

I recently moved from the US to Israel. There is no longer a donation form available on my account. This is particular to Israel? Please advise, as I need to make my donations online. Thanks

Moderator note: Post moved to more appropriate topic discussion.
Last edited by jdlessley on Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: moved post to more approprite topic discussion
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Online Donation Form Missing from My Account

Post by lajackson »

rsyael wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:02 am I recently moved from the US to Israel. There is no longer a donation form available on my account.
Each country with an Online Donations system is different. I do not know if Israel has the capability, but your clerk will be able to help you if you wish to donate from a bank account in Israel.

If you wish to continue donating from a U.S. bank account, there is a way for the Finance Department to flag your account so you may continue to do that. Send an email to onlinedonationsupport@ldschurch.org with the details of your situation.

Return to “Online Donations”