Fast Offering Assistance Report

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
craigyoungs

Fast Offering Assistance Report

Post by craigyoungs »

Hello all,

As the Stake Clerk, I've been asked by my Stake President to see if there is a report that shows those that have received fast offering assistance by a date range. I've searched the forums and haven't come up with anything.

The goal is to see if there are any kinds of trends in each unit that could be discussed between the Stake President and the unit leader (Bishop/Branch Pres) during their monthly interview.

Is this possible? Do we have the ability to create that kind of custom report?

Thanks for any help out there.

Craig Youngs
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Fast Offering Assistance Report

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not sure what's available at the stake level. You may have to ask the wards for that information.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
craigyoungs

Post by craigyoungs »

I was a ward clerk before serving in the Stake, and still have access to that Ward view because I haven't been removed from that role because of this Covid-19 issue. I can't see that kind of report at either place. There is a report for Welfare Assistance, but that is a summary of orders that the unit places with the local Bishop's Storehouse.

Not sure if there is a way to make a custom report for that kind of thing. The data is in the system, but whether we have access to it through our reporting portal is the question.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd imagine a ward could run a expense report against the Fast Offering category. I don't know about the stake.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

russellhltn wrote:I'd imagine a ward could run a expense report against the Fast Offering category. I don't know about the stake.
The LCR Income and Expense report does not provide the granularity necessary to identify the fast offering assistance recipient. It only shows the reference number. The columns available in the report are Date, Reference Number, Category, Description, Type, and Amount. Individual expenses can be viewed by clicking the Reverence Number hyperlink to see the details of a specific expense. But there is no way to show any kind of report data by recipient name or data by category with recipient names. It appears as if any method of getting a report that includes recipient names has been intentionally avoided.

I have not looked at what expense reports are available in MLS in over five months. So I don't know what may still be able to be done there. I stopped trying to use MLS when so many functions just redirected to LCR for access for everything I needed. I suspect the Income and Expense Detail report In MLS may still be available with the detail necessary to show the fast offering recipient.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

This is the only "report" i could find

Expenses -> Expenses Summary
set date range
filter by Fast Offerings
the recipient name is in the PURPOSE field
the recipient drop-down will also show only those recipients that fall in the report date range
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

kd7mha wrote:This is the only "report" i could find
Was that an MLS report because that is not available in LCR?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

jdlessley wrote:
kd7mha wrote:This is the only "report" i could find
Was that an MLS report because that is not available in LCR?
it is in LCR
it's not actually a report
FO Recipients by date.jpg
(55.12 KiB) Not downloaded yet
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

OK, I was looking for reports meeting the need of the OP.
JD Lessley
craigyoungs

Post by craigyoungs »

Thank you for your help. This may have to do for now.

How can we petition SLC to open additional reporting functionality to the local units?

Return to “Reports and Forms”