Sharing playlists, Sacred Music App

MistyJohnson

Sharing playlists, Sacred Music App

Post by MistyJohnson »

I would like to make a playlist available to all the Primary Parents in the ward (via Gospel Living App if possible). I cant see a way to do this in Sacred Music..... is there something available out there that works for both Android and ios?
mrnonaustralianguy

Re: Sharing playlists, Sacred Music App

Post by mrnonaustralianguy »

Good afternoon! I’m not sure if this is what you mean, but I have included instructions to share your playlist (this applies to the iOS version of Sacred Music).

Go to your playlist and click the Share icon at the top and share your playlist. I’m not sure exactly how that works with Android.
Jeremy 🎶
mrnonaustralianguy

Post by mrnonaustralianguy »

Here is a screenshot of how to do it in iOS.
DCA68AC5-2769-4255-9FC6-D05261DA3E71.jpeg
(210.83 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Jeremy 🎶
shannonthornton

Post by shannonthornton »

This feature is not available on the Android version. What can we do to remedy that?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

shannonthornton wrote:This feature is not available on the Android version. What can we do to remedy that?
The best way to suggest features is to use the "Send Feedback" options in Settings, in the app.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
brittaab

Post by brittaab »

I guess this never got resolved cause we're trying to do the same thing in our ward and can't share the created playlist! On my Google pixel phone there's no option for sharing. My music leader who created the playlist shares it with me but I can't click on the link - such a bummer! Hope the developers can remedy this soon for the future!
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

brittaab wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:40 am I guess this never got resolved cause we're trying to do the same thing in our ward and can't share the created playlist! On my Google pixel phone there's no option for sharing. My music leader who created the playlist shares it with me but I can't click on the link - such a bummer! Hope the developers can remedy this soon for the future!
I recommend you send feedback from the app for this feature. If only one or two people report it as a feature request, it might be lower on the priority list than if hundreds (or more) are requesting this feature. These forum pages are not feature requests and those who set the developer's priorities do not visit here.
WendeePease

Post by WendeePease »

I don't know if this helps, but in order for the link to open the device has to have the Sacred Music App installed. I tested that out with my son and my husband but they both have iPhones. Once they installed the Sacred Music app the link worked, but when they didn't have the app installed it wouldn't do anything when they tried to click on it.

Once I got my playlist created I copied the share link in the Sacred Music app and I used https://www.qrcode-monkey.com to create a free qr code. I put the qr code png into a flier with instructions so it would be super easy for the families to open. I don't know if it will work with android phones but I hope so. Here is a link to the flier incase anyone wants to modify it for their ward. https://bit.ly/Primary-Program-Playlist-Note
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

WendeePease wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:29 pm Once I got my playlist created I copied the share link in the Sacred Music app and I used https://www.qrcode-monkey.com to create a free qr code. I put the qr code png into a flier with instructions so it would be super easy for the families to open. I don't know if it will work with android phones but I hope so. Here is a link to the flier incase anyone wants to modify it for their ward. https://bit.ly/Primary-Program-Playlist-Note
This works for iOS Sacred Music, but not Android Sacred Music, unfortunately.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
cewesel

Post by cewesel »

Did the sacred music app remove the share button? I made a playlist for my primary and can no longer share it. There is no option to do so and there is no feedback or help button on the app either.

Return to “Mobile Applications”