Cannot Show Content Because “English” is Not Installed

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
kelosh

Cannot Show Content Because “English” is Not Installed

Post by kelosh »

I’m suddenly seeing “Cannot show content because ‘English’ is not installed” all over the place in my tags. There are a good number of my tags that no longer show me the content attached to them. I click on the hyperlink and the app switches to a screen like it’s downloading something and then goes back to the prior page with no resulting change. I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled. Any ideas on what’s going on or am I just going to have to accept that some percentage of the work I’ve done over the past 10+ years is gone?
DC2C4513-E55E-43B8-8453-3A5677330B9B.png
(676.35 KiB) Not downloaded yet
r053mar13

Re: Cannot Show Content Because “English” is Not Installed

Post by r053mar13 »

I am experiencing the same dilemma (also my brother). I am copying what I am highlighting/highlighted (and the source of the article) and pasting into the ‘create a note’ portion so I can see what I highlighted in my notes. Thank goodness, if you can remember which articles you have read, you can go back into them and the highlighting is still there (so you can do the copy and paste method, if you would like). With longer ago items, I realize that will be more difficult to determine, but hopefully the glitch will be figured out soon. I have sought assistance from whoever responds to the ‘Feedback’ in the settings in the Gospel Library App. This App has been awesome, so hopefully this frustration will be short term. Thank goodness most of the highlighted scriptures still are showing up (However, Pearl of Great Price highlights aren’t showing, but at least the reference—book and chapter—is). Looks like it is the magazines that are being the most troublesome. A General Conference talk In which I highlighted Some content on 5/15/20 did show as it should, with reference and highlight.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

When this has happened in the past, sometimes switching to another language and then back to English has resolved the problem.
GGeorge441

Post by GGeorge441 »

Identify the English language and close the apps. Clear the device history. Now go to the apps setting and clear the cache and cookies.
Now login again. I wish your problem will be solved.
r053mar13

Post by r053mar13 »

Thank you for the recommendation. Did try that, but It did not work for me. Looks like that highlighting an Ensign before July 2019 will result in receiving that frustrating auto-message rather than the highlighted material in our notes. In regard to the New Era and the Friend, highlighting and seeing what you highlighted in notes is working 11/2019 to the present. As for the Liahona, only this year’s magazines will comply with showing what you have highlighted in your notes. I hope this gets remedied soon, but at least we can highlight and it will stay highlighted and we can copy and paste into the ‘create a note’ part, being sure to include the title and month and year information for future reference.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

This is a temporary issue caused by a content update, affecting bookmarks, annotation links, and snippets in Notes, in Gospel Library on multiple platforms. Developers are investigating the issue, and hopefully a new content update with a fix will go out soon. The actual annotation data is not affected, so your annotations should be safe.

Thanks for the details about which specific content was affected – that helped QA reproduce the issue!
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
r053mar13

Post by r053mar13 »

Yay, the highlighted content is showing again in notes!! Thank you for resolving the issue!! :D
Glad I was able to give helpful scoop : )
dthomaswright

Post by dthomaswright »

sbradshaw wrote:This is a temporary issue caused by a content update, affecting bookmarks, annotation links, and snippets in Notes, in Gospel Library on multiple platforms. Developers are investigating the issue, and hopefully a new content update with a fix will go out soon. The actual annotation data is not affected, so your annotations should be safe.

Thanks for the details about which specific content was affected – that helped QA reproduce the issue!
I started having this issue in May and now on June 8th am still having this issue. Was an update pushed out? My app is up to date... thanks.
kelosh

Post by kelosh »

I’m having the same experience as dthomaswright. Unlike r053mar13 mine has not been resolved. I’m still having the same problem even after deleting the app and reinstalling.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

kelosh wrote:I’m having the same experience as dthomaswright. Unlike r053mar13 mine has not been resolved. I’m still having the same problem even after deleting the app and reinstalling.
What content version are you on, if you go to Settings > App Details? (The latest English catalog as of yesterday is 915.)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Gospel Library”