Cannot Show Content Because “English” is Not Installed

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
mrnonaustralianguy

Re: Cannot Show Content Because “English” is Not Installed

Post by mrnonaustralianguy »

The latest content update should have fixed the issue. Worked for me. The Church developers also released v5.8 yesterday.
Jeremy 🎶
kelosh

Post by kelosh »

It’s working for me now. Thank you!
dthomaswright

Post by dthomaswright »

Not sure what changed, my version was the most updated one, but now it is working fine.
jolayneeastman

Post by jolayneeastman »

I still have the issue with English not installed as of January 2023.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jolayneeastman wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:15 pm I still have the issue with English not installed as of January 2023.
When this happens to me I go to the Language setting and select English. The error goes away. One time several years ago I had to select a different language, and then English again to get rid of the error.
bethl

Post by bethl »

I started having the issue with English not installed as of January 14, 2023. Up until then I had no problems. I have closed the app, I have signed out and back in, and I have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail.
I have version 6.3.1 (631020.29) on an Android phone.
There is NOTHING showing up in the library. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

bethl wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:41 pm Any help would be greatly appreciated.
There is a suggestion that usually works in the post immediately before your post.
bethl

Post by bethl »

lajackson wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:01 pm
bethl wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:41 pm Any help would be greatly appreciated.
There is a suggestion that usually works in the post immediately before your post.
Thank you for the reply.
The problem was that the library had not downloaded at all, so there was no way to get to the language settings. I uninstalled the app again and reinstalled it and this time the library downloaded and it seems to be working okay.
genman

Post by genman »

For the past few days, I have had intermittent problems with the Gospel Library app 6.3.1 on Android. It was not letting me get to some content and other content appeared to be out of place, such as old Ensign articles under Books and Lessons. I ended up uninstalling the app and reinstalling. Then it started saying that it couldn't show content because English was not installed. When I tapped on English, it appeared to try to install, but still said it wasn't installed. Then I tried to do a search for a random word (e.g. "testing") and then tapped on the first result that showed up. It took a while trying to bring up that content, then the screen flashed and I was out of the app, although it was still there in the background. One of those times when I tried to search and tap, it said the app was having a problem and it asked if I wanted to clear the cache, which I did. But it didn't seem to resolve it, except now it doesn't even ask if I want to clear the cache anymore.

Ugh. Running out of things to try.
genman

Post by genman »

Now after searching for "good" and tapping on the first thing in the list, it kicks me out of the app, and I get the following Android popup window:

"Some went wrong with Gospel Library. Gospel Library closed because this app has a bug. Try updating this app after its developer provides a fix for this error".

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times, so until they provide a fix, sounds like it is broken. Unless there is some way to workaround whatever is causing the bug.

Did they not test GL version 6.3.1 on Android?

Return to “Gospel Library”