Sealing cancellation/clearance process

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
hand07

Sealing cancellation/clearance process

Post by hand07 »

I would like to make a suggestion. The sealing cancellation process should be more transparent than it is. It would be so much easier for all parties involved if there was a transparent tracking system of the status of these applications. That way, when it gets held up in one place for too long, as is inevitable from my experience, the applicant would know and can go to the correct person and get things moving. They would also know when it’s complete and approved.

Also, I don’t understand why the applicant can’t call church headquarters directly to see if that application has been approved or not. It has to be a bishop or stake president who calls to headquarters to get that information. That is a problem because they often become quite busy and it falls off their radar. They sometimes don’t prioritize it properly, leaving a stressing bride/groom to stress even more. The applicant is trying to plan and move forward with their life. Please please please create a better system for this!
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Sealing cancellation/clearance process

Post by scgallafent »

This forum is a user-to-user support forum. Posting your suggestion here isn't going to get it to someone who would make the decision to implement such a system. The best approach for this would be to suggest it to your stake president and have him bring up the concerns in a coordinating council meeting.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

hand07 wrote:Also, I don’t understand why the applicant can’t call church headquarters directly to see if that application has been approved or not.
From what I understand, the church doesn't have a very large support staff. It wouldn't take too much to overwhelm them. By forcing it to go though the stake president, then they won't get calls when the hold up is with local leadership.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
snookems25

Post by snookems25 »

Why does a woman need a sealing cancellation whereas the man needs to get a "clearance" ? That makes it seem like the men will still be sealed to their first wife. Is that true?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

snookems25 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:58 am Why does a woman need a sealing cancellation whereas the man needs to get a "clearance" ? That makes it seem like the men will still be sealed to their first wife. Is that true?
These are questions you should discuss with your bishop. The nature of your questions fall outside the charter of the forum and are best answered by your local priesthood leaders. The forum is for using technology in the church as well as support for certain callings.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Other Member Technologies”