Unable to access Ward and Stake Directories

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Unable to access Ward and Stake Directories

Post by jonesrk »

jdlessley wrote:
rcowin wrote:Need a phone number to call as I cannot connector my Ward or stake directory
First check to see if your membership record number (MRN) is recorded in your Church Account profile in the Membership section (https://account.churchofjesuschrist.org/membership) as stated in the post before your post. If it is, then contact your ward clerk who can get you the contact information for the Global Service Department (GSD).
Also check and see if others in your ward are having issues. That can help isolate if it is a data problem with something in your unit vs an issue with your account.
Sidwellrobertw

Post by Sidwellrobertw »

I'm also not able to get to the directory on my Mac, using either Safari or Chromium. Donations and Calendar works fine. MRN is correct. Directory works fine on my Windows laptop with Firefox. Any other suggestions?
mevans

Post by mevans »

Sidwellrobertw wrote:I'm also not able to get to the directory on my Mac, using either Safari or Chromium. Donations and Calendar works fine. MRN is correct. Directory works fine on my Windows laptop with Firefox. Any other suggestions?
What do you mean by you can't get the directory? Is the option missing from the menu or is the page not loading? If the page isn't loading, can you describe what happens, or provide a screen shot? My experience is that the new "Directory and Map" website has never worked very well and quite frequently gives errors. Sometimes it requires a few tries.

I have noticed more problems with the directory in particular since the church recently introduced its new authentication mechanism. If you haven't already, try clearing your cache and cookies and see if that works better. I would also recommend making sure that you are correctly logged in to the church website (i.e., it shows your name at the upper right beneath "My Account and Ward" before trying to go to the directory. I find I have to sign in and then sign in again in order for it to work (it used to not work at all for me, so that's progress).
eva55wink

Post by eva55wink »

Cannot connect to my ward directory. Is this the improvement they were working on last night?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eva55wink wrote:Cannot connect to my ward directory. Is this the improvement they were working on last night?
Working fine for me now.

There has been a number of issues that require uses to clear the cookies. I'd suggest testing in incognito mode first. If that works, then there's a cookie issue.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
8812chris

Post by 8812chris »

I have made attempts to updates , but I have had no success
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

8812chris wrote:I have made attempts to updates , but I have had no success
To update what? You are only able to update your phone and email address. Your ward clerk updates everything else, including your address.
papasams

Post by papasams »

I am unable to access my Ward and Stake Directories. I am on a mission and also have both Stake and Ward out of unit needs.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

papasams wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:28 pm I am unable to access my Ward and Stake Directories. I am on a mission and also have both Stake and Ward out of unit needs.
Since you're on a mission, it's probably best to talk to the mission office. They should be able to get you access to the wards you're serving in.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

There might be an issue with the software involved. A senior missionary couple in my ward reported that even after they had been added as out-of-unit members to my ward and waiting for data to sync, they could see the ward information either in the browser or the app but not the other.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”