Unable to access Ward and Stake Directories

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
dtdausey76

Unable to access Ward and Stake Directories

Post by dtdausey76 »

I signed into the Directories and was unable to get any information for Chico 3rd Ward or any Chico California Stake information and my Wire was unable to access any information as well. We were unable to get a message to our Bishop Bowles. What is wrong with the Church Directories?
davesudweeks

Re: Unable to access Ward and Stake Directories

Post by davesudweeks »

dtdausey76 wrote:I signed into the Directories and was unable to get any information for Chico 3rd Ward or any Chico California Stake information and my Wire was unable to access any information as well. We were unable to get a message to our Bishop Bowles. What is wrong with the Church Directories?
This is not the proper thread to post this question as this thread is about the Send A Message tool. However, I don't have rights to move the post.
But to resolve your immediate need, you don't need to log in to obtain the bishop's contact information. Go to the Find a Meetinghouse page and enter Chico 3rd ward in the search box.
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/map ... 2&lang=eng
You will see the bishop's phone number and the address of the meetinghouse.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

[moderator note: this thread split from another thread as the topics were different. Please follow the Code of Conduct and "do not start a new topic in an existing thread; instead start a new thread."]
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dtdausey76 wrote:I signed into the Directories and was unable to get any information for Chico 3rd Ward or any Chico California Stake information and my Wire was unable to access any information as well.
The directory will only show information about the stake your membership record belongs to. I'm not clear on if you're trying to get information about a different stake, or if your membership records may somehow have been placed in limbo. (The prior ward believes you have moved away but doesn't know where you went.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
CarolynJonesDavis

Post by CarolynJonesDavis »

I am able to log into LDS.org with my user name and password. But recently, I have not been able to log into my Ward and Member Directory. What do I need to do to access individuals information?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

CarolynJonesDavis wrote:But recently, I have not been able to log into my Ward and Member Directory.
Did you used to with this same account? If so, I'd suggest you talk with your bishop or ward clerk. They may have thought you left the area and moved your records out.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

CarolynJonesDavis wrote:I am able to log into LDS.org with my user name and password. But recently, I have not been able to log into my Ward and Member Directory. What do I need to do to access individuals information?
Besides what russellhltn said above, what happens when you try to access the directory? Do you get an error, or does something else happen. Probably more than 70% of the time I try to access it, I get an error message that pops up on the right side of the screen. Then sometimes it works after that and sometimes it doesn't.

Here are some troubleshooting things that are pretty quick:
Try going to the Donations app. Does it list your ward and stake? (Assuming you live in a country where online donations are supported.)
Try going to the Calendar app. Does it work for you and does it show your ward and stake calendars (which may or may not be in use in your unit)?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Also, go to https://account.churchofjesuschrist.org/membership and see if your account is associated with your membership record.
rcowin

Post by rcowin »

Need a phone number to call as I cannot connector my Ward or stake directory
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

rcowin wrote:Need a phone number to call as I cannot connector my Ward or stake directory
First check to see if your membership record number (MRN) is recorded in your Church Account profile in the Membership section (https://account.churchofjesuschrist.org/membership) as stated in the post before your post. If it is, then contact your ward clerk who can get you the contact information for the Global Service Department (GSD).
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”