Resetting PIN in Member Tools

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
chuckursenbach

Resetting PIN in Member Tools

Post by chuckursenbach »

The last post was 2017. Now it's 2020 and this problem is still there. None of the above suggestions work for me. Can't do my calling. This is super frustrating.

[moderator note: This thread was split from another thread titled Resetting PIN in lds tools? to address a different topic. The issue in the older app LDS Tools is different due to the coding differences between it and the Member Tools app.]
Last edited by jdlessley on Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Resetting PIN in Member Tools

Post by russellhltn »

chuckursenbach wrote:The last post was 2017. Now it's 2020 and this problem is still there. None of the above suggestions work for me. Can't do my calling. This is super frustrating.
New year, slightly different problems. You might try to the PIN you use on your device. If you're on version 4, you might want to make sure you're on 4.0.1.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lwebowler

Post by lwebowler »

Just used my pin Tues. Now it won't work. How do you reset?
pattihedwards

Post by pattihedwards »

Try your device pin. That worked for me. Apparently it adopted the device pin.
klricks

Post by klricks »

pattihedwards wrote:Try your device pin. That worked for me. Apparently it adopted the device pin.
MT 4.0.2 went back to using the 'in app' PIN.
You may need to log out and back in then reset the app PIN.
Assistant Ward Clerk
sujar

Post by sujar »

I need lds tools for my calling, but it doesn't recognize the pin I set. How can I reset it?
klricks

Post by klricks »

sujar wrote:I need lds tools for my calling, but it doesn't recognize the pin I set. How can I reset it?
As mentioned above did you try your device PIN?

If that does not work then try uninstalling and reinstalling. If asked for a PIN then use your device PIN. After you are in the app then go to settings and set your in app PIN and use the app PIN from then on.
Assistant Ward Clerk
austinbrink

Post by austinbrink »

niepraschk wrote:My LDS Tools account is doing the same thing. I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling, resetting the phone, restarting the phone, everything. Right have I boot the app it asks for the username and password which I enter. Then it asks me for my "Current" passcode. I have tried my old passcode and it doesn't work. There is a reset button on the passcode screen. I hit that which "resets all the data". Then it logs me out. I log back in again and it asks for my passcode again. It is like an eternal loop. There is a bug in this app. Please help, I need it for my calling.
Anyone still experiencing this, please state your phone, Android version and app version. This may help narrow things down.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

[moderator note: The quote in austinbrink's post is from another thread for LDS Tools. LDS Tools and Member Tools have different coding and therefore the reason for issues and the solution are going to be different. However his recommendation to include further details is appropriate in addressing your issue.]
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center?
rrutia

Post by rrutia »

I uninstall the app the reinstalled the app and it keeps asking for the PIN #
I do not have and there is no place to reset it.
What is the solution for this problem?

Return to “Android Member Tools App”