Missionary that cannot see the information that they need to see

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
landon0965

Missionary that cannot see the information that they need to see

Post by landon0965 »

We have a missionary in our mission who doesn't have access to see the District's information in which he is serving. Is there anything we can do to fix that? He can see other districts and stakes in our mission but for some reason he cant see the one he is specifically serving in. Any suggestions?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Missionary that cannot see the information that they need to see

Post by russellhltn »

I'd image that it's an issue with the mission recording his assignment in their system.

Out of curiosity, is there another missionary serving that has same last name? Perhaps there's some confusion over who is serving where.

I'm not sure how it works on the mission side, but the key to everything tends to be the MRN. The MRN of the assigned missionary has to match the MRN on the Church Account being used to access Member Tools.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cheru01

Post by cheru01 »

I am having the same aforementioned problem. I'm a missionary in the Oregon Salem mission. I have done everything I could think of; re-syncing, signing out and signing back in, uninstalling and re-installing the app, and checking with the mission office. Our Area Book application has all of the Member Tools info that it syncs up with, so I'm thinking it's a Tools problem and not a administration issue... Many of the missionaries in our mission are having the same problem right now, and we can't figure it out. Any suggestions? Anyone I can contact about that?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

There is a known issue causing this that should be resolved next week.
TristanHodgins

Post by TristanHodgins »

scgallafent wrote:There is a known issue causing this that should be resolved next week.
Has this issue been resolved yet? I'm a technology specalist for the Washington DC North mission, and I have received a couple of calls from missionaries who are unable to see information for the wards in which that they are assigned to serve in the Member Tools app. However, they see the information in the Area Book app, and they can see the information on the web version of member tools (through. firefox on missionary phones).
jtmerrill

Post by jtmerrill »

My problem seems similar -- I"m a senior missionary. I see a few ward members in the ward and stake I'm assigned to. A couple of actives, a couple of less-actives, the Bishop but not the EQ president, and so on. I still see all information for my home ward and stake. I have also tried a fresh start on the app. Any help on this?
jtmerrill

Post by jtmerrill »

Additional note: My wife has the same problem on her android phone -- we both have pixel 3. Thanks
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

jtmerrill wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:43 am My problem seems similar -- I"m a senior missionary. I see a few ward members in the ward and stake I'm assigned to. A couple of actives, a couple of less-actives, the Bishop but not the EQ president, and so on. I still see all information for my home ward and stake. I have also tried a fresh start on the app. Any help on this?
Are you serving in Europe, or another area that has more restrictive default privacy settings in the directory than the United States does? In many areas, the directory requires members to opt in, which is different from the United States, where members automatically appear in the directory but have the option to opt out.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”