Member Tools is missing members and organization leadership

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
garystroble

Re: Member Tools is missing members and organization leadership

Post by garystroble »

BrianEdwards wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:19 pm Most members experiencing this data loss in the Tools app (myself included), have found that manual sync updates generally are not sufficient. Usually logging out of the app is sufficient, as the login to the app forces a complete download of all information into the app. Some have mentioned that deleting and reinstalling the app was required, although perhaps logout/login would have also been sufficient for them. Perhaps there are some kind of cache issues that need to be cleared on your phone for the Tools app, I don't know much about that.

That said, it definitely may be that you have tried this and are unsuccessful. I doubt that anyone here in the Forum can provide a solution that will resolve your data loss, if those options don't work. Submitting Feedback is a good idea, as the quantity of bug reports for a specific issue like this, appear to have some kind of effect in prioritization. In any case, it seems that the best current workaround is to use the web info instead of Tools. Obviously not ideal, but it should at least be workable.
Go to settings, then data refresh. That will fix the missing members, at least for the present time.
lewis2979

Post by lewis2979 »

ONE entire family [ ] is missing from TOOLS (on Apple phone) - - - but I can see them in the DIRECTORY from a PC. It's not just my phone, [Another brother] said he has the same problem from his phone. We both have updated regularly. I am the Ward Clerk. Thanks

[Moderator Note: Edited to remove personal information. This is a public forum.]
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lewis2979 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:25 am ONE entire family [ ] is missing from TOOLS (on Apple phone) - - - but I can see them in the DIRECTORY from a PC. It's not just my phone, [Another brother] said he has the same problem from his phone. We both have updated regularly. I am the Ward Clerk. Thanks
What happens if you log out of Member Tools and log back in?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tnbertagnolli

Post by tnbertagnolli »

Feedback submitted in the Tools app! I noticed that our member/family in question does appear on the directory on the website. App and website seem out of sync.
As our Ward Clerk, I am able to view these members in LCR
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Since you didn't mention whether you had done a manual update or a log out with log back in as russellhltn asked then did you try either of those? Both will update the app data as well as update your calling permissions that is sometimes missed by an app sync.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Member Tools”