Where to submit feedback??

Discussions about using and improving the new FamilySearch online application.
mrnonaustralianguy

Where to submit feedback??

Post by mrnonaustralianguy »

I am wondering where to send feedback to the app developers like in Gospel Library, Gospel Living, Sacred Music, Gospel Media, etc. I know that you can click the “Give App Feedback” link under Settings>Help>Contact Us, but I don’t have an email account configured on my device and don’t want to because my iPhone has a low storage capacity. Is there another way to send feature suggestions, comments, issue reports, and questions about this app? Is there an email address I can reach for feedback?

I have a similar post like this about Member Tools and if you answer this question, please consider answering that question at viewtopic.php?f=115&t=37196. Thanks!

—INFORMATION—
iPhone SE (1st-Generation)
iOS 13.6 (Beta Software)
FamilySearch Family Tree v3.9.5
Attachments
1103A35C-866D-48B4-8ABF-096B4167A6F9.jpeg
(270.75 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Jeremy 🎶
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Where to submit feedback??

Post by jdlessley »

jeremynwest wrote:I am wondering where to send feedback to the app developers ... I know that you can click the “Give App Feedback” link under Settings>Help>Contact Us ...
Use the the website Contact Us link. No user email client is required.
  1. From the FamilySearch home page, click the Notice-Questions link (question mark inside a circle) and then the Contact Us option in the upper right corner of the page.
  2. Scroll down to the Send a Message section.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Where to submit feedback??

Post by sbradshaw »

Most of the Church apps (Member Tools and the FamilySearch apps are exceptions) have moved away from relying on the device's email to send feedback, and instead provide a feedback form similar to the one on the Church website. For example, in Gospel Library, if you go to Settings > Send Feedback, a form will appear where you can fill in details. It asks for your email address, but it doesn't use the email address to send the feedback – the email address is only used when the support team needs to reply back to you (at which point, the email reply can be read from any device).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “FamilySearch Family Tree Application”