New password not accepted - Invalid password

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: New password not accepted - Invalid password

Postby lajackson » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:08 am

rmrichesjr wrote:If I understand correctly, one of the Church apps stores your password internally and keeps trying to log in. When you change your password, the app keeps trying the old password, which fails. After several such attempts, the server locks your account.

Gospel Library. But I have heard that a new release no longer does this.

LynnArave

Re: New password not accepted - Invalid password

Postby LynnArave » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:59 pm

I had password issues for more than 2 weeks. This happened right when the Church's log-in pages changed appearance and "OKTA" appeared in the web address for the log-in. I called Global Support and they had no idea how to fix my problem. Resetting the password multiple times; using different browsers -- even incognito -- and clearing all cookies didn't help either. Finally, I created an extensive password with 17 characters, two capital letters, 4 numbers and a symbol. That finally did the trick and gave me regular access. As such, the Church desperately needs to modify their log-in messages to inform a user specifically what they need in their password, instead of just denying access and saying "incorrect password."

Return to “Church Account”