Running multiple Sacrament Meetings from multiple buildings

Virtual visits, Multi-Stake conferences, Priesthood Leadership Conferences, Church Leadership Conferences
dbaresrc

Re: Running multiple Sacrament Meetings from multiple buildings

Post by dbaresrc »

I posted about our stake's webcast experience in another forum. That information may be of interest to you since we've been doing it for a very long time. To see the post go to viewtopic.php?f=146&t=37353&p=213628#p213628
davidbowmanbyu

Post by davidbowmanbyu »

Does someone have the details on the connection settings got use Zoom or other meeting like tools to hit the church webcast site ?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

davidbowmanbyu wrote:Does someone have the details on the connection settings got use Zoom or other meeting like tools to hit the church webcast site ?
The exact string is on a "per webcast" basis. You get the RMTP string once the event is created.

On the event in Event Manger, click on "Setup". Go to the "Other" tab. The string(s) will be in there. Depending on what Zoom wants, you may need to append the "Stream name" to the end of the "URL" adding a slash between them.

( {URL} \ {Stream Name} )

Remember when creating the event to turn on "High Bandwidth Encode" if you're going to be using Zoom as the feed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

davidbowmanbyu wrote:Does someone have the details on the connection settings got use Zoom or other meeting like tools to hit the church webcast site ?
And just remember, the above RTMP instructions can't be done with the free version of Zoom.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aweissmullers

Post by aweissmullers »

Here in Brazil we are using the OBS studio on laptops or apps like streamlabs on smartphones along with the Church webcasting system. It has been working fine.
jnpetersen

Post by jnpetersen »

I saw the price of the teradek's and it made me cringe, especially in this time, as its been asked that Wards and Stakes reduce costs of items like this, or use what members have. I started trying to figure out a way to mimic the teradek and i've actually used about $100 worth of parts and my 3d printer and have created a small box, with camera, that can plug into the ethernet jack near the pulpit (we have ours wired as PoE) which powers the device and provides data, and it set to automatically check every minute on its encoder settings to see if a stream can be created (just like the teradek does) and once the media server of the webcasting platform is spun up, it will connect automatically and start streaming. The only thing I'm trying to figure out is the best way to tap into the audio system as most chapels have this either near the sacrament table, or in the back of the chapel.
davidbowmanbyu

Post by davidbowmanbyu »

Would love to see a picture of what you came up with
jnpetersen

Post by jnpetersen »

I'll get some pictures of it once I have it completed again, I tore it apart to make some modifications to the case, just finishing the model so I can print it.
jnpetersen

Post by jnpetersen »

davidbowmanbyu, did you happen to figure out how to use Zoom and stream to the webcasting platform? I have tested it, and it requires a paid account to use the feature, but it works. Plus having the paid for account, you are given so many more options, like being able to restrict anyone from unmuting, so if you have people joining the zoom, there will be no accidental unmute issues.

If you need help, let me know.
davidbowmanbyu

Post by davidbowmanbyu »

Uh ... yeah .. never updated the thread were now doing 9 sacraments a week using OBS pushing at church webcast for 7 of them 1 ward doing YouTube and 1 doing zoom ...

I have a “light week” because it’s only stake conference :lol: :lol: this coming Sunday ... what a crazy year it’s been ...

Return to “Stake Conference with Remote Participants”