Online store keeps throwing errors

Discussions about other Church websites
btwilz

Online store keeps throwing errors

Post by btwilz »

I'm trying to order subscriptions of the Ensign and the Friend magazines. Within the last year, I've tried three times, but my browser keeps throwing errors at me when I submit my payment. A screen comes up saying "An Error Has Occurred." If I navigate back, a small message at the top of the order screen says a "generic application error." I figure can call and get these ordered over the phone, but thought someone should know the system is buggy and hopefully get it fixed.

-Bryan
davesudweeks

Re: Online store keeps throwing errors

Post by davesudweeks »

I recommend you post feedback on the store page and identify your issue there. That feedback will get to those who can investigate and/or fix. While your post might be useful to others who land here with the same problem, those who direct the programmer's priorities do not visit this user-to-user mutual help forum.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I think I had the same errors last night when trying to access the online store. I just kept refreshing until I got in. It may have been overloaded by customers, or by a DOS attack, or whatever.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I am still seeing errors with the online store using Chrome, but I was able to get in just fine using Edge (Chromium version).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

drepouille wrote:I am still seeing errors with the online store using Chrome, but I was able to get in just fine using Edge (Chromium version).
Which suggests it may be something in cache or cookies. What happens when you use Chrome in "incognito" mode?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

While that would have probably worked, I decided to tell Chrome to delete all cookies for store.churchofjesuschrist.org, and now everything works perfectly.

However, I can't that the OP has the same error and the same solution.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

btwilz wrote:I figure can call and get these ordered over the phone, but thought someone should know the system is buggy and hopefully get it fixed.
I just called the online store concerning a returned item, and the menu system said that they cannot accept credit card orders over the phone, so the website is the only option, I suppose.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

drepouille wrote:the menu system said that they cannot accept credit card orders over the phone, so the website is the only option, I suppose.
Is snail mail still an option?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BarbaraBolding

Post by BarbaraBolding »

Post feedback on the store website page to let them know to fix the issue.
Hajo

Post by Hajo »

Ich habe auch gerade versucht zu bestellen. Die gleiche Fehlermeldung. Ich finde es aber auch sehr traurig, dass man bei der Kirche nur mit Kreditkarte bezahlen kann. Jeder kleine Onlineshop bietet verschiedene Zahlmöglichkeiten an. Die Kirche kriegt dass nicht hin. gerade in Deutschland bekommt nicht jeder eine Kreditkarte

Return to “Other Websites”