Tech Forum "Topic Reply Notification" link doesn't work if not logged in

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Tech Forum "Topic Reply Notification" link doesn't work if not logged in

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:Perhaps you timed out?
I don't think so. It didn't take that long and I haven't timed out in ages. Certainly no time-out in having to log into the settings site.

Perhaps Tim is already at work.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

As this appears it may have a solution, I'll also add that it "seems to me" (i.e. I haven't paid really close enough attention) that "random" times when I get directed to the 2FA sign-in page when doing church-related stuff and it needs to log me in, it doesn't then pass me back to the desired page, but rather to the default LCR page. But, maybe this is just something I'm mis-remembering, I can't point to any example right now.

So if something is done here, it would be good to ensure that not just the "re-direct to sign-in page" works, but also the "and then re-direct back to Forum link" also works. Maybe by default this will be all part of any solution.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

BrianEdwards wrote:So if something is done here, it would be good to ensure that not just the "re-direct to sign-in page" works, but also the "and then re-direct back to Forum link" also works. Maybe by default this will be all part of any solution.
Be sure to send your comment to the developers through Feedback. This is a user-to-user forum and the developers rarely appear here. (There are a few notable exceptions, for which we are grateful.)
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Be sure to send your comment to the developers through Feedback...
I actually had looked around a bit, but couldn't find any Feedback button/link for the Tech Forum. It may be here (I've missed obvious things before), or perhaps you're referring to general Feedback through another webpage location? Just point me in the right direction, and I'll post this there.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The forum behaves a bit differently. It's already gotten the attention of TimRiker, (see post #2) so it will be taken care of as he has time.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

BrianEdwards wrote:
Be sure to send your comment to the developers through Feedback...
I actually had looked around a bit, but couldn't find any Feedback button/link for the Tech Forum. It may be here (I've missed obvious things before), or perhaps you're referring to general Feedback through another webpage location? Just point me in the right direction, and I'll post this there.
I was referring to Feedback from any Church website page. Be sure to mention that you believe it is a Church Account sign on problem. You are correct that there is not a Feedback link here on the Forum pages.

Return to “Help with this forum”