Daily LDS scriptures in RSS feed

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
blzrdphoto-p40

Post by blzrdphoto-p40 »

Would it be possible to separate each verse on a new line with a space in the middle? The feed seems to just draw out into one long paragraph which is hard to read unless you are on a mobile device. Or possibly making one verse a little lighter than the next one and going dark light dark light to have some separation.

That should be fairly easy to add to your PHP right?

Also maybe a little more difficult would be to keep all the footnotes and links in the feed so when I am doing my study I can just click the link instead of having to go to the chapter in LDS.org and find the scripture again.
zulugrid

Post by zulugrid »

blzrdphoto wrote:Would it be possible to separate each verse on a new line with a space in the middle? The feed seems to just draw out into one long paragraph which is hard to read unless you are on a mobile device. Or possibly making one verse a little lighter than the next one and going dark light dark light to have some separation.

That should be fairly easy to add to your PHP right?

Also maybe a little more difficult would be to keep all the footnotes and links in the feed so when I am doing my study I can just click the link instead of having to go to the chapter in LDS.org and find the scripture again.
I've added additional spacing between the verses. Much easier to read now.

I can't add the LDS footnotes (they are copyrighted by the Church), but I have linked each verse number directly to the verse at LDS.org. This should make it a little easier to quickly find the verse at the official LDS scriptures website.

Thanks for the input!

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”