Rental Assistance Payment Question

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Hilohi

Rental Assistance Payment Question

Postby Hilohi » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:36 pm

One of our ward members needs help paying her rent this month. Her landlord only accepts online payments. Consequently, it looks like we're going to have to write the check in her name so that she can deposit it into her checking account and then pay her rent online. I know we generally shouldn't write this type of checks in a member's name. What's the best way to handle this matter?

lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Rental Assistance Payment Question

Postby lajackson » Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:15 am

Hilohi wrote:What's the best way to handle this matter?

We have had someone else pay the rent (bishop's counselor, EQP, RSP) and reimbursed them.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Rental Assistance Payment Question

Postby russellhltn » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:55 pm

In on-line payment systems I've used, there's an option to print the receipt Depending on the computer, it can be printed to PDF.

Regardless of who is used at the intermediary, I'd think that receipt would be critical.

I'd also consider contacting the stake clerk for instructions. One of his duties is to train ward clerks. If he's unsure, then perhaps he can direct the question to the audit committee on what they'd look for.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”