Church IT Providing Streaming recommendations???

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Church IT Providing Streaming recommendations???

Post by lajackson »

shh24 wrote:Who is providing that information to you?
Please see this post for the best general information that is publicly available at the moment.

Sorry I could not say more sooner. I believe the FM Groups were in the same pickle until now.
mevans

Post by mevans »

Our buildings generally don't have sufficient bandwidth for streaming (one of them might) and the FM group is in no hurry to upgrade our internet service. I think they're waiting for more guidance from CHQ. I imagine they're hearing from several stakes about this need and probably don't have sufficient budget to do the upgrades. The stake presidency doesn't want to have to rely on the generosity of members with hotspots, good bandwidth, and unlimited data, but who knows...that might be the quickest way to make something happen.
We're doing some testing at our buildings this week.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

mevans wrote:Our buildings generally don't have sufficient bandwidth for streaming (one of them might) and the FM group is in no hurry to upgrade our internet service. I think they're waiting for more guidance from CHQ. I imagine they're hearing from several stakes about this need and probably don't have sufficient budget to do the upgrades. The stake presidency doesn't want to have to rely on the generosity of members with hotspots, good bandwidth, and unlimited data, but who knows...that might be the quickest way to make something happen.
We're doing some testing at our buildings this week.
If you don't have bandwidth for video, you could try an audio-only stream.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”