Church Webcasts using OBS

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
wberrier

Re: Church Webcasts using OBS

Post by wberrier »

Thank you for this information, I was hoping to find some instructions for using OBS Studio, and this was just what I was looking for.
jeremywillden

Post by jeremywillden »

For the code and instructions, refer to this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=37666
rbusadre

Post by rbusadre »

Followed everything in the instructions. But an error "Failed to connect to server. Hostname not found. Make sure you entered a valid streaming server..." in OBS appears. Am I missing something?
jeremywillden

Post by jeremywillden »

Make sure the Church server is ready to accept the video stream (in the Event Manager). If it is, double check the Stream URL and Stream Key and make sure they (exactly) match what you configured in OBS studio. With the "hostname not found" error, it's likely that the rtsp:// is incorrect or the part immediately after it.
rbusadre

Post by rbusadre »

Got it! Works for me now! So apparently I can only start streaming when it goes to Pre-buffer status which is 10 minutes before broadcast when running through Test. Thanks!
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

ljbusadre wrote:Got it! Works for me now! So apparently I can only start streaming when it goes to Pre-buffer status which is 10 minutes before broadcast when running through Test. Thanks!
Test events don't get much of a pre-roll, if any, but with live events you can start streaming up to 60 minutes prior to the event's start time.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

15 minutes is the pre-roll time for the Test option.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Biggles wrote:15 minutes is the pre-roll time for the Test option.
It was, but I heard it changed to 10 minutes when the two-hour pre-roll for live events changed to one hour.

And I have no idea what we get now at the end for overrun. It used to be 30 minutes for a live event. I noticed recently that while in a live event it can be extended in increments of 10 minutes.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

lajackson wrote:
Biggles wrote:15 minutes is the pre-roll time for the Test option.
It was, but I heard it changed to 10 minutes when the two-hour pre-roll for live events changed to one hour.

And I have no idea what we get now at the end for overrun. It used to be 30 minutes for a live event. I noticed recently that while in a live event it can be extended in increments of 10 minutes.
I was sure it said 15 minutes when I scheduled and did a Test earlier this week. But I was in a hurry, so might have missed the change.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

You may still be correct. I have not seen the change for myself.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”