"Locked" Emails

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
jncarpenter

"Locked" Emails

Post by jncarpenter »

I haven't been able to find anything on this yet, so I'm not sure how widespread the issue is. In Member Tools there are a number of our members whose emails are seemingly randomly showing up in orange with a lock icon next to their names (see attached). As far as I can tell it hasn't limited me from emailing them, however one of our members reported that his wife was not able to join our live-streamed sacrament meeting today and they suspect that the "lock" on her email is responsible.

Thanks in advance for any enlightenment on this.
Attachments
IMG_4105.jpg
(342.94 KiB) Not downloaded yet
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: "Locked" Emails

Post by russellhltn »

jncarpenter wrote:however one of our members reported that his wife was not able to join our live-streamed sacrament meeting today and they suspect that the "lock" on her email is responsible.
It would be a factor only if you were using the church webcast system and set it to "private". Then a Church Account has to be used to access it. However, I'm not sure as an issue with email would do it since I'm told even non-member accounts can assess it.

I'm not sure about Member Tools, but in the on-line directory. the lock just means it's been set to private.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The lock icon means that the email address is set to Private visibility. You're able to see that email address because you have a leadership calling in the ward, but other regular ward members won't be able to see it (so the lock serves as a reminder to be careful in how it's shared).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
gordonsmith4

Post by gordonsmith4 »

I am our Ward Clerk. I have a member whos email shows up as restricted like that, but she has set it to stake visibility - So it should be available to everyone. I deleted the email address, allowed time for everything to sync up and verified it was absent. I re added the address, let everything sync up, but when it showed up the address was still synced. Has anyone else had this issue? Thx
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

gordonsmith4 wrote:I am our Ward Clerk. I have a member whos email shows up as restricted like that, but she has set it to stake visibility - So it should be available to everyone.
Are you sure you're looking at the same email? There's two: household and personal.

Also check the household privacy limit. Unless it's set for stake, everything in the household will be limited regardless of setting.

Lastly, privacy setting is separate from the email itself, so no surprise that delete/add didn't change anything.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
maryholje

Post by maryholje »

My father is having the same problem. Email has an orange lock symbol and can’t access streamed church meetings. I reset everything and all the privacy settings and still nothing. Let us know if this gets figured out!
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

maryholje wrote:My father is having the same problem. Email has an orange lock symbol and can’t access streamed church meetings. I reset everything and all the privacy settings and still nothing. Let us know if this gets figured out!
Your father's email privacy is set to leader only.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scgallafent wrote:
maryholje wrote:My father is having the same problem. Email has an orange lock symbol and can’t access streamed church meetings. I reset everything and all the privacy settings and still nothing. Let us know if this gets figured out!
Your father's email privacy is set to leader only.
But that shouldn't affect access to the video streams.

t9430449

Post by t9430449 »

Try the following: in the LDS Tools app navigate to your contact information > click on the “Edit “ link in the upper right hand corner > scroll down to the bottom of the page > click on “Personal Multiple Values” change the “Email” to “Stake Visibility”. See if that works.
christensenc

Post by christensenc »

I’m having the same problem. My orange locked email is incorrect and though it appears correctly as the household email my group emails for Relief Society cannot be delivered. (Because they’re going to this incorrect locked address) Privacy is set to Stake. Please help.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”