"Locked" Emails

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: "Locked" Emails

Post by scgallafent »

christensenc wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:52 pm I’m having the same problem. My orange locked email is incorrect and though it appears correctly as the household email my group emails for Relief Society cannot be delivered. (Because they’re going to this incorrect locked address) Privacy is set to Stake. Please help.
The locked email doesn't mean that the address can't be changed. The lock is a visual indicator for a leader who has access to the data that you have changed the privacy settings on that informatoin and they shouldn't share it without permission.

You can change the email address directly in Member Tools. Look for the pencil icon on the screen with your contact information.
k.clayton

Post by k.clayton »

How do you change the orange lock to no longer be there? It appears on all my items name birth photo phone email address location
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

k.clayton wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:21 pm How do you change the orange lock to no longer be there?
The lock will be displayed whenever the visibility setting for the item is set to a more restricted level other than "Visible to stake members".

Unit leaders with membership edit permissions and adults over 18 years of age in the household can edit the visibility for all members of the household. Those under 18 cannot change their own visibility settings and must have an adult in the household edit those settings.
To edit visibility settings:
  1. Select, tap, your household name from the Directory listing.
  2. Scroll over to, or tap, the Household tab.
  3. Select, tap, the name of the member in the household to edit. Selecting the name of even single member households is necessary to get the individual information to be displayed.
  4. Tap the "Edit Information" button. All the editable member information will have an edit icon (pencil icon) on the right side of the page.
  5. Tap the edit icon to edit the information. The visibility setting can now be edited.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”